TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals,

just finished paying off the bird, so now i've got some money to put into her! I was just wondering if any of you could tell me the approximate 0-60 change that going from 3.27 to 3.73 gears would bring. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Well, its not a 0-60

My 1/4 times went from a 15.7 to a 15.3 with the installation of 3.73 traction-loc carrier.

You would need to upgrade your tires to get better improvements.

-Andrey

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
On street tires with no other big changes I'd say about .2

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By upgrading tires do you mean something with more width, or just a better tread? My tires went bald not too long ago, so I've got pretty new tires on their with good traction ratings. (They're continental, i think they're called ContiExtreme contact or something).

But anyways thanks for the info, I'll probably be ordering the gears pretty soon and searching for a shop to get them installed. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

-Erik

·
Registered
632 Posts
By tires I meant drag radials or slicks. If you are looking to maximize your track times, then you need them - for street driving you just need decent street tires, but they will not hook as well.

-Andrey

·
Registered
709 Posts
I think 0-60 would increase alot more than 1/4 mile. If this guy went from 15.7 to 15.3 I would imagine a whole second in 0-60 could be possible??

I'm no expert but I think thats what you would expect?

Jake

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
No...If someone picked up a second 0-60 but only a few tenths in the quarter that would mean that their car has lost power above 60 mph. The 0-60 gain will be less than the 1/4 mi gain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts