TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 00 F150 that's my daily driver with a 4R70W. I assume that I can J-Mod it, but I want to double check before it's attempted. I'm planning to do a light J-Mod on it since I'm planning to tow with it next year.

Any help is appreciated.

-Melon

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've been curious about a similar question for E-150 and E-250 Cargo vans. My dad sells them and if a customer wanted one to shift a little better I might be able to make some extra cash. I'm just curious to know if the drill specs would be any different for a newer 4R70W, and if they are different for a 4.6 and a 5.4.

lol Basically, what can ya all tell us about j-modding trucks? :D

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't tell ya.. I want to find out if I can do it :D I'd like to do it to mine :D

-Melon

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? That's crazy. I know there's a valvebody you can get. I've seen it posted on the F150 board, but don't remember the exact name right off the top of my head.

-Melon

·
Registered
191 Posts
Why would it be any different than a 99-04 Mustang? As far as I know the only difference is the springs in the accumulator pistons and I think they have different planetary gears too.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
The truck valve bodies have a different separator plate and internal spring setup. If you don't believe me, just try and drill the holes. Oops. that one is missing... So is that one...
Huh?
Want to make it worse? Try adding the holes that are missing.
Trust me, they arent the same.
This argument has gone on many times before. Do a search and see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts