TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you may know, my gf just recently purchased a 2000 mustang gt.. the other night, when we were driving home, she let off the gas, the rpm's went down, and i think that the car tried downshifting... threre was a horible shuddering when she let back on teh gas. it felt like fuel was cut, and the brakes were applied lightly... could it have been the traction control? i think teh car was modified beyond the point of my knowledge (i.e. a higher stall, and a new backend, i think that the trans was modified also...)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i havent had the opportunity to check the fluids for her yet..i have been working, and she had a hard time jsut opening the hood... but she will learn... she will learn to appreciate the missing half of the engine she should have had from the beginning... lmfao

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey.. that may change in the coming weeks... betta shut yo mouf foo... lmfao. thats aiight tho.... i still get to drive the gt and yeeeeeew DONT!... lol

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, teh fact that the drain plug is missing from the TC housing, and you can plainly see the flexplate/flywheel, or whatever..... and there is tranny fluid all over teh bottom of the pan... and the gasket on the pan looks shot.... thats probably my problem. i think the TC has gone south. any opinions? (it only shudders when you release teh throttle around 2k)... which is the stall on the gt's IIRC...

EDIT: so you really pull a 13.4 with a converter, gears, and a dohc swap? wow..... well and a pretty aggressive tune too..

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
well, teh fact that the drain plug is missing from the TC housing, and you can plainly see the flexplate/flywheel, or whatever..... and there is tranny fluid all over teh bottom of the pan... and the gasket on the pan looks shot.... thats probably my problem. i think the TC has gone south. any opinions? (it only shudders when you release teh throttle around 2k)... which is the stall on the gt's IIRC...

EDIT: so you really pull a 13.4 with a converter, gears, and a dohc swap? wow..... well and a pretty aggressive tune too..
did you check the fluid level?

and thats the reason why the mustang was a "hell of a deal".

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
trans fluid is full, and recently changed. the reason the car was a 'hell of a deal' was because it was a repo. bought new in jersey, owned twice there, owned once in new york, went to auction in pennsylvania, sold and brought here to wichita. sold to my gf.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright... i was driving it last night.. got onto a stretch of road and narrowed teh problem down. i was informed that it could be a temperature problem. causing the tc to lock up... i hit the brakes.. it unlocks, gas, the same.... and only after it has warmed up.. typically after driving about 30 minutes or so. it feels like it is bogging down... and when it locks up, it stays at about 1300-1400 rpm... until it unlocks again... again. brakes loosen it, and so does throttle application... could this be teh TV cable needing adjusted also? i plan on installing a trans cooler this weekend or the next, before the internals of this one turn to shrapnel... i would jus tlike to know exactly what causes this to start happening... the fluid is bright pink.... so it has prolly been flushed recently...

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
No TV cable on a electronic controlled 4r70w.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ah... so what can i do to fix it? have the brainbox jacked with? the transmission shifts really firm, i think it was modified... no jerking, jsut firm... so what can be done to fix it? would a tranny cooler fix my problem?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
heh, this is a really late post, as it has been fixed for some time now. it was a misfire in cyl. 4.... some water had gotten past the cop boot when we detailed teh engine bay.. i changed plugs and such, and voila!!! no more shudder... and toombs.. you would be able to beat the gt to about 90 or so.. until your high gears lost out.. lol...

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
heh, this is a really late post, as it has been fixed for some time now. it was a misfire in cyl. 4.... some water had gotten past the cop boot when we detailed teh engine bay.. i changed plugs and such, and voila!!! no more shudder... and toombs.. you would be able to beat the gt to about 90 or so.. until your high gears lost out.. lol...

his car already has about 6 tenths in the quarter against your car, think about it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
...and toombs.. you would be able to beat the gt to about 90 or so.. until your high gears lost out.. lol...
I pull over 100 mph in third gear in the quarter, so lets see....if I were in OD with the converter locked, and considering I spin my car 6500 RPM, then I should be able to do about 165 before "my gears lost out".

I don't think the rpm limit and gearing will be the limiting factor here.

In short...BRING IT. :aowned:

Mike

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol. *bows down graciously* heh.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.