TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am picking one up next weekend and I wanted to know if a normal jmod would be fine? I toasted my transmission last year for some odd reason.. Fluid looked burnt but I still have a tranny cooler, just wasnt usen radiator factory setup. Should I get another cooler? Go with a less mild jmod? What all your opinion also what is a good place to pickup a 4k stall tc

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
If you use a 4000 stall converter get the biggest cooler you can find and at the very least go mild/gear change with the J-mod. Make sure you weld that intermediate diode onto the reverse drum or use the spiral retaining ring to hold it on.
Alan

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know off the top of your head everything that needs to be done to swap this tranny in the bird? I want everything to be ready before the swap takes place so I dont have to sit at the garage for 30 hours... Thanks man! PS i got the01 tranny sitting in my backroom..

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
dude, do a search. This has been discussed way too much to keep asking questions about what needs to be done. Search the posts with you as the author, your question has been answered. You posted in another thread about repinning being too much work and complicated when told exactly what to do, you were given the answer and have been on this site long enough to know better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts