TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to finally J-Mod the bird and want to get a kit to make it easy. I'm seeing the BCA DIY AODE, 4R70W JMOD KIT 1992-PRESENT, I was wondering am I able to use the Pre-drilled Superior Tuff Plate(2001-2014) in my 97 transmission? This might be a silly question but I read on a post someone else was using it just didn't catch what he was using it in of course.

·
Super Moderator
11,930 Posts
No. But an 02 can use it; if you want to build a transmission that will last, you want to start with at least an 02.
Put a rebuild kit in it, this plate, and the one piece teflon seals, and it will last for years.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. But an 02 can use it; if you want to build a transmission that will last, you want to start with at least an 02.
Put a rebuild kit in it, this plate, and the one piece teflon seals, and it will last for years.
So youre saying to just get a whole 02 transmission? seems like a big price leap from this kit with a plate that works haha but if thats what i have to do...so be it. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
11,930 Posts
A97 transmission is missing some key upgrades; the last one I bought was cheaper than the rebuild kit. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,930 Posts
He's been impossible to contact recently.

·
Super Moderator
5,805 Posts
oh wow i must be looking in all the wrong places
Hit up car-part.com and search for a 02 Grand Marquis or Crown Vic transmission (preferably a GM; CVs were quite often police or taxis, and have been dogged to death.)

RwP

Reactions: Shlamden

·
Super Moderator
11,930 Posts
Teah, here locally I can get one for 200bux; I spend more than that on rebuild parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts