TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my new 9100 SCT Flasher Friday and installed my 02 GT MAF along with it. Well my car is acting a little weird after I did that (like really hard/weird TC lockup patterns, rpms hanging before it shifts and at the 2-3 shift the rpms drop to like 800rpms then bounce back up to their normal place).

Well I was looking through the forums and noticed someone talking about soldering a new "pigtail' (which I am guessing is the harness) for their new 02 GT MAF. Well I just plugged the new MAF right into the stock harness.

So could someone let my know if I did it wrong? I don't know how I never new about insatlling a new pigtail for the new MAF... but I just wanted to check and make sure!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
You can do that, but you will have to continue using the stock IAT sensor - if you wire up the 6 connector harness then you can ditch the stock separate IAT.

I'd contact SCT and see what they say about the program IMO, that's an unusual issue from what I've seen.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am fine with using the stock IAT sensor, so I will just leave it alone. I contacted SCT and they told me where to send my flasher to have my issues worked out. I just wanted to make sure before I sent it back out to them.

The car runs nice and stong except for the odd shifting and TC actions. Which makes driving the car not fun! Only time the car feels good is at WOT...lol

;)

With the Apten chip that I had in my bird for the past year the shifts where nice, quick and at about 2000rpms with light throttle. With the flasher, I'll give it light throttle and the RPMs will climb to 3 grand then it'll have a nice firm shift.

Kinda like the 94-95's with the bad accumulator springs!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
SanDiegoLXBird said:
I'm not entirely sure if the pin-out on the 96/97 MAF harness is the same, you might be able to find that info with a search, or maybe someone will know for sure. My .02
AFAIK, all of Ford's MAFs have the pins placed the same way. you'll notice the ABCD by each of the pins, and that they are in the same place regardless of the IAT. The IAT are the two outer pins, so on those it's like EABCDF.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Silver95Bird said:

AFAIK, all of Ford's MAFs have the pins placed the same way. you'll notice the ABCD by each of the pins, and that they are in the same place regardless of the IAT. The IAT are the two outer pins, so on those it's like EABCDF.
This is correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts