TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Reinhart chip and the 02 GT MAF, and installed them yesterday and ran into some problems. The car would not start with the chip installed which I gathered from searches that on occasion there are bad burns etc, so I'm going to call Dennis tomorrow when he opens. Anyway, The car would start without the chip plugged in but idled horribly. It was a very rough idle, and almost sounded like it was missing. This was with the 02 GT MAF installed and wired. I know that the chip is needed to use the 02 GT MAF, so could this rough idle be because the new MAF is in without the proper EEC programming? Thanks!!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Definately don't drive it like that.

put the stock MAf back in till you know the deal w/ the chip.

did you REALLY clean the contacts?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
make sure you sand the contacts realy good. we were installng an apten chip in my friends mark 8 and the same thing happened to us. he called brian and brian told him we had to sand the contacts even more than we already did. so we did it and it worked fine.

Frank

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! I'll try sanding the contacts some more. If not I'll call Dennis tomorrow since I didn't get a chance to do it today. I re-installed the stock MAF and everythings back to normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts