TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
u need to rewire the harness to use the integrated air temp sensor. the 02 gt maf eliminates the need for the separate sensor.

Frank

·
Administrator
8,114 Posts
Dave,

Embalmer did a write up on this. You'll wire the new MAF harness into your existing one.

Joe

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
yea, you dont need the one off the most wanted parts page. i think thats for a lightning maf. the write up from embalmer was on mtcforums.com before it got shutdown. not sure if that site still exists.

Frank

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
the other two wires are from the air temp sensor. so there should be 4 maf wires and 2 wires from the air temp sensor all together.

Frank

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
searching 02 GT mAF doesn't work so well.:)

Dave
the way to search for 02 GT MAF: *02* AND *GT* AND MAF is what you put in the search engine

:)

and if you want, you can select "search titles only" and you'll get some nice results :)

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks but uh, that doesn't help at all..........

In Enbalmers article, he is using a harness and a MAF from 2003.

Since 02-04 MAF's are the same, I assume o2-04 wiring harnesses are the same also.

Since I have an 02 MAF, then I can use his 03 tech article.

So....

I have 4 wires to my MAF
The 02 has 6 wires to the MAF

So, here's my finding if I am correct?

Take my 4 wires from my 95, and splice them to the same 4 wires on the 02 GT Harness, then take the remaining 2 wires on the harness and cut the IAC plastic piece off and then splice them into the IAC wires.....Hence all wires used, case closed.

DO I HAVE THIS RIGHT OR NOT?

IF so...Thanks

If not, Set me straight please?

Dave

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:

So, here's my finding if I am correct?

Take my 4 wires from my 95, and splice them to the same 4 wires on the 02 GT Harness, then take the remaining 2 wires on the harness and cut the IAC plastic piece off and then splice them into the IAC wires.....Hence all wires used, case closed.

IF so...Thanks

Dave
u got it right. its pretty painless. should be about a 15 minute job.

Frank

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
yea abcd are for the maf wires e and f are for the temp sensor.

Frank

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I don't think it really matters, at least it didn't seem so. I just hooked them up and tested it and had no CEL, and it runs, so I'm assuming I either got it right, or it doesn't matter.

Joe

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
Thanks but uh, that doesn't help at all..........

In Enbalmers article, he is using a harness and a MAF from 2003.

IF so...Thanks

Dave
You need to follow the directions on my article. I thought the wires leading from ABCD would match up to the new MAF harness, but they are actually reversed. When you get in there check the colors and match them according to my article. This is NOT a fifteen minute job - cutting and splicing are required - make sure you plan it well because if you cut the wires too short, you're SOL. If there are any more questions, let me know.

MAF article

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Embalmer said:

You need to follow the directions on my article. I thought the wires leading from ABCD would match up to the new MAF harness, but they are actually reversed. When you get in there check the colors and match them according to my article. This is NOT a fifteen minute job - cutting and splicing are required - make sure you plan it well because if you cut the wires too short, you're SOL. If there are any more questions, let me know.

MAF article
i was exagerating with the 15 minutes. i couldnt imagine it taking to long to connect 6 wires though.

Frank

1 - 20 of 41 Posts