TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Dan, I read somewhere that there is a kit for the '02 GT that comes with the MAF, cone filter, air box & possibly the wiring harness. If this is correct what is the part # and price. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FordPartsHQ

Hi There,

You can buy the complete 02 GT Air Box which includes the MAF and Air Filter for $169.95 plus UPS. This way you don't have to worry about a core charge. The pigtail will run you $29.93 for the 6-pin 6-wire, or $17.85 for the 6-pin 4-wire.

Talk to you later,

Dan Newman
FordPartsHQ

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
and in case you ask.. the 6 pin 6 wire will need to be spliced into current MAF and IAT sensor.. the 6pin 4 wire just splice into maf connections, and use your stock IAT

iat is intake air temp sensor.. the little thermo lookin gray thing w/ 2 wires

if you need help wiring the maf up.. check this link out:

http://www.blueovalchips.com/mafupgrade.php

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
jamesD said:
... the 6pin 4 wire just splice into maf connections, and use your stock IAT

iat is intake air temp sensor.. the little thermo lookin gray thing w/ 2 wires
You might as well get the 6 wire pigtail because your IAT will not fit anywhere after you replace the airbox and intake tube. The intake tube comes with a new IAT sensor in it. You might as well use it.
I was told that my stock IAT would just go right in but it is different. Trust me, I know first hand.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
no, there is no place really for the stock IAT unless you cut a hole.. in which case, it needs to be Pre-maf.. not post maf. for a while i just had it stuck in the fenderwell where my filter was..

the integrated unit is better anyway.. brand new.. doesn't have 10yrs of mileage

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
02 gt kit

Hey dan can you use the gt kit for a 94 thunderbird4.6, and if so is there any added horsepower? and will everything in th ekit be all i need to install or are extras needed, any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
You wont get any extra hp with the gt mass air flow and air tube but the throttle response. You might get like a 1 hp or so :) from the added flow of the air tube but thats about it. Theres a write up on how to modify that air tube for the 94-95s. Plus your going to need a chip for the sensor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts