TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so with the swap, I am using the 97 Fuel lines and rails, what fuel pressur regulator do I want to use? One for a 02 explorer or one for a 97 bird/cat? I assume the MN12 since thats the fuel system I am running?

No stupid mistake :)

-mj

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Use the '97 parts,and if you have the '02 harness,you might wanna swap out the Tbird injectors for the explorer injectors if yours have high mileage.You'll just need to splice the connectors into the TBird harness.
JL

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Johnny Langton said:
Use the '97 parts,and if you have the '02 harness,you might wanna swap out the Tbird injectors for the explorer injectors if yours have high mileage.You'll just need to splice the connectors into the TBird harness.
JL
I am reasonably sure it will have the harness with it. Are the Explorer injectors the same impedence and everything so I don't cook my EEC? The only thing I need to double check is that they are yellow top 19# so I don't need a reburn right?

-mj

·
3,232 Posts
n0esc said:

I am reasonably sure it will have the harness with it. Are the Explorer injectors the same impedence and everything so I don't cook my EEC? The only thing I need to double check is that they are yellow top 19# so I don't need a reburn right?

-mj
The explorer injectors are 19 lb/hr,but they're not yellow top injectors. Impedance is compatible,and will cause no problems-I run the 24/lb hr version from a Cobra on my car.
JL

·
Registered
298 Posts
the explorer injectors are a little shorter than the tbird injectors and do not seat good in the fuel rail.

·
3,232 Posts
billabong132132 said:
the explorer injectors are a little shorter than the tbird injectors and do not seat good in the fuel rail.
Depends on your definiton of "seat good".
As long as the O-rings are sealed..they will not leak.The O-Rings will seal fine.
JL

·
Registered
298 Posts
Johnny Langton said:

Depends on your definiton of "seat good".
As long as the O-rings are sealed..they will not leak.The O-Rings will seal fine.
JL

:leftright have fun with the whole engine fire thing

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have had a few probs "seating " 'jectors on my wierd rig, and found a small amount of mobil 1 on the O - rings and meticulous effort to get evrything lined up is absolutely necessary..... I also have plenty of spare O - rings and check them before reassembly to avoid driving around in a 4200 lb. molotov cocktail...LOL

·
3,232 Posts
Leland Jacobson said:
I have had a few probs "seating " 'jectors on my wierd rig, and found a small amount of mobil 1 on the O - rings and meticulous effort to get evrything lined up is absolutely necessary..... I also have plenty of spare O - rings and check them before reassembly to avoid driving around in a 4200 lb. molotov cocktail...LOL
It's amazing how well things work when one uses the proper installation method.
JL

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Johnny Langton said:

The explorer injectors are 19 lb/hr,but they're not yellow top injectors. Impedance is compatible,and will cause no problems-I run the 24/lb hr version from a Cobra on my car.
JL
arent those newer 19lb injectors the pink top? i saw them on a new GT at da stealership...

joseph

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A'ight. Thank you for the color clarification. I will look at those when I get to the motor.

FPR issue resolved. Ordered a adjustable BBK unit. I'll set it with the pressure guage, and worry about a sender and pillar guage in the spring. Hmmmm maybe I won't screw this up yet :)

-mj

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Just a bit of extra info the inctors on my explorer were completely black with an ornge ring around the base where it seats in the manifold. Unless you pull them out all you see is black. That may have changed but I don't know

·
3,232 Posts
The Great Obucina said:

arent those newer 19lb injectors the pink top? i saw them on a new GT at da stealership...

joseph
Those are the EV1 style injector,and they are pink now..not orange/yellow.The Explorer has the EV6 style.
JL

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Johnny,

Is there an advantage using the EV6 over the EV1.....maybe a better spray pattern?

·
3,232 Posts
None that I know of...But here's my thinking on the subject.
Ford has to meet emmisons standards that are always getting tougher.So in order to help keep the cars within the requirements that have been establised they have to use every available method in order to cut emmisions by making the engine's efficiency as high as is possible. So,in order to do this they optimize spary pattern of the injector for the best atomization that can be had with current technology/materials that are available.
So,it would make the most sense that the newer style injector would be the most improved in spray pattern.But,then again..knowing Ford..it's just a cheaper injector for them to purchase,and I'm giving them credit for being smart when we know that they're not.
JL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts