TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own one, have any experience with the Marauders? I was looking to buy one but was checking any and all opinions and info that i can get. I have researched on the web for actual data, but was looking for personal opinions. thanks.

C.Hill

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
From what I have heard they are all show, no go.
Sarcasm?

I think with the DOHC 4.6 it might have a little go ;) Maybe not super fast but pretty damn good for a car that size. Id probably take one over my bird... Maybe.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Sarcasm?

I think with the DOHC 4.6 it might have a little go ;) Maybe not super fast but pretty damn good for a car that size. Id probably take one over my bird... Maybe.
I actually think that they are really sweet cars, but it is a shame that Ford couldn't have made them faster than a 96 Impala SS.
Love the wheels and the sound of the quad cam on that car though.
Edit: here is the C/D review:http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/1874/2003-mercury-marauder.html
15.5 in the 1/4 mile versus the Impala's 15.0

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well, I've been kicking this idea around for awhile as well, and from what I can tell they seem to hold their value better than your average Grand Marquis, and obviously have better performance. Just like anything that is big and heavy, it takes some mods to get them fast. I would think changing the rear gear ratio, a j-mod, and a few other tweaks and it could make up the slack to at least equal the Imapala SS. Of course I'm biased as I like that platform. I like the fact that they have a full frame under them too. I don't know what they are going for in your area, but a lower mileage one around here goes for 19-23K.

Just my .02

Jay

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I kinda want a blue one...you know as a beater :D

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Marauder

A Marauder is a no go? Have you recently fallen and hit your head? Have you ever driven one? Buy the Marauder..........it's fast, roomy, comfortable and sinister looking. The Trilogy blower can help push the car into the 11's.

·
Registered
775 Posts
This is from Dennis Reinhart's signature, and it's not a Trilogy. (Not that they're not good because they are.)

2003 Mercury Marauder Blue, 410 gears, Art Car transmission, Kooks Headers, PI 3500 stall converter, Mezirie electric water pump, KVR brakes, Dynotech MMDS, Vortech Air to Air T trim 9 PSI 460 RWHP, SCT the only way to drive, Point click tune.
Comerce Ga. 11.62 at 117 MPH Imagine that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
forget how quicker they are, any marauder will part highway traffic like your moses :D

theres a guy that hangs with the mamn12 group; iirc he's running low 12's

·
Registered
536 Posts
My father owns an 03 Marauder and I have the SCT pro racer package for it. Very nice, comfortable car. Does everything very well. What else do you want to know?

Mitch

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just curious how it drives, handles, just everything. I am really trying to decide between the Marauder and the Lincoln LS.

C.Hill

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Just curious how it drives, handles, just everything. I am really trying to decide between the Marauder and the Lincoln LS.

C.Hill
the marauder has alot less problems.....like not leaking oil into the coil packs and other goofy ****. The powertrain of the Marauder is similar to our cars, 4R75W and it has a 4v 4.6 and an 8.8 straight axle.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
its a crown vic with a dual cam swap! Pick up a cheap mid 90s crown and drop a dual cam in it save you some money!

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
its a crown vic with a dual cam swap! Pick up a cheap mid 90s crown and drop a dual cam in it save you some money!

besides the better trans, 3.55 rear end, revised suspension, 18s, nonsucking interior, and a new car...ill take the maruader instead.

better yet, do the math.

03/04 Marauder motor.....1500-2000.
late model trans...............375-500.
3.55s and trac lok.............600-with labor.
SCT tune...........................400.
18s with tires....................1300.
upgraded suspension parts. 500ish.....

real steal, huh? Thats not including a crown vic that hopefully wont need a front end rebuild or other misc repair parts.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
There's more to the car than just the motor...it's special because of what it is IMO, the whole package. Same way that a Cobra is more to me than a GT with a 4v swap.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
yet there are enough aftermarket parts for the vic and considering one can be picked up for dirt cheap like 300 with a bad motor. I agree that picking up a mauder and flying down the road would be easier but a built up custom 4v vic could still run half the price or lower. Also the 4v in the mauder had a cast crank another reason to say na. The police interceptors came with lower grears right they auction those for dirt cheap and they have heavy duty suspension. Drop a cobra4v in and a new trans and instal a good interior

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
The guy I bought my bird from (Walt) had a dark red one and it ran a 14.6...here is what his sig says:

Previous owner of:'04 Red Mercury Marauder 100% stock.
Best 1/4 mile 14.6sec @96mph on Dec. 20th at Hallsville, TX

1 - 20 of 28 Posts