TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on Modular Depot too and anyone here that would know is porbably there too, but anyone know what the specs are on these and how they compare to the specs of 94 Mark VIII cams? I found a set cheap locally and was considering picking them up if there was any significant gain to be had.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I googled it and found it in 30 seconds.

Camshaft Lift: .392”/ .390” Duration at .050: 232°/236°

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Palmguy said:
I found the same thing, although isn't that lift pretty low? I was expecting something in the .450-.550" range.
Its a DOHC. They don't need high lift to get high flow like 2v motors do. Basically double that lift number to get a better idea. Think about it. .450-.550" lift on a single valve, or .600-.760" lift split between two valves?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Palmguy said:
I found the same thing, although isn't that lift pretty low? I was expecting something in the .450-.550" range.
I am guessing since there are 2 exhaust and 2 intake valves not much lift is required.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
DirtyBird46 said:

I am guessing since there are 2 exhaust and 2 intake valves not much lift is required.
That's what I figured too...it just struck me weird the first time I saw it. Some of those aftermarket cams were up around .49 though.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yeah I know, I was trying to fix it. You have to put it in backwards on this site.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mn12xr7 said:
the specs are:
Ford factory OEM Cam Specs. Camshaft Lift: 392”/ 390” Duration at 50: 232”/236”

woops looks like greenbird beat me to it

found the specs at:
http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread/t-2134.html
I even searched on modular depot. Missed that somehow I guess. So, what about 94 Mark cams, anyone got a quick way to get a hold of those numbers?

Thanks guys.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
wouldn't those cams be spec'd for a blown 32valver? My point being, wouldn't you want a NA cam, like the marauder, or the Mach???

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
jordansypek said:
wouldn't those cams be spec'd for a blown 32valver? My point being, wouldn't you want a NA cam, like the marauder, or the Mach???
Marauder and Mach use the Navigator cams.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
AverageJoe said:

Marauder and Mach use the Navigator cams.

I didnt know that.. I thought they used the same cams as the cobra, but not for boost application. A NA cam, thats interesting. Would there be any gain in HP if you put them in the Mark 8???

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Tx_Cat said:

I didnt know that.. I thought they used the same cams as the cobra, but not for boost application. A NA cam, thats interesting. Would there be any gain in HP if you put them in the Mark 8???
Thats a good question. My biggest fear with such a swap is the fact that Marauders, Machs, Navigators are all tumble port C heads. All Marks are B port heads, so I don't know if they'd have enough coil clearance, the proper valve lift clearance, or several other valvetrain factors.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Mmmm.... interesting... Hey 4 Cam Bird, buy them and put them on, so we can all see if they work :D

P.S. AJ, you impress me señor with your wide knowlegde..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts