TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
8,253 Posts
Physically it will fit, but the Cobra has 31 spline axles and the axles on your car are 28.

Joe

·
Registered
292 Posts
Axles on your car are 28.75" flange face to tip of splines. So if cobra axles are same length you could use them. I doubt that they are, since cobras have independant rear.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
mad281 said:
Axles on your car are 28.75" flange face to tip of splines. So if cobra axles are same length you could use them. I doubt that they are, since cobras have independant rear.
uh ... MN-12's and FN-10's HAVE independent rear suspensions. The chassis had them WAY before the '99 Cobra existed.

The differential WILL fit. However, as RJ has pointed out ... the spline count is different on our MN-12's and the SN-95 chassis.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ahrh! I was under 96 cat two weeks ago, I could bet 20 bucks I saw a solid rear axle. Oh well...

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
mad281 said:
Ahrh! I was under 96 cat two weeks ago, I could bet 20 bucks I saw a solid rear axle. Oh well...
Hmmmmmmm, I bet ya that.I have been under about 75 of them and everyone from 89-97 had the indapendant that I have seen.You know the address, just send me the money, lol.
Thanks,
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts