TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine wont start.. I don't get it... When I connect the possitive cable onto the battery, little sparks come out and you can also hear them (best way I can explain). Inside the car, no lights come on, nothing, it looks like the car doesnt have a battery. I just bought a new battery so I know thats not the problem. I checked all of fuses under the hood and they are ok. I made sure that I grounded the engine well. I asked and showed pictures to JL if the way I grounded was OK, he said yeah . Don't know whats up really... Any suggestions?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Hmmm that is kind of weird. Do you get any kind of cabin lights??? Both batery teminals are tight?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both are tight and no cabin lights are on Timb.... Not even the clock light comes on. Could it be the engine grounds???? I connected the ground wire to the engine mounts, well actually to the bolts that come out of the engine, could that be a problem??? When connecting the re terminal, the sparks dont mean anything man?

·
Registered
615 Posts
since it is sparkin, wouldn't that mean the battery is good?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Ashish said:
since it is sparkin, wouldn't that mean the battery is good?

Nope... sparks dont tell you a battery is good.

Tx_Cat you check all fuses and check to see how much resistance there is from you distrubution block and the engine block with a Multimeter. If the Voltage does look alright.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
does it even crank or....just nothing...does it click at all or make any sort of noises when you turn the key over, this sounds to me like its something simple b/c usuaully when you have all angles covered.....your only missing like one little thing

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
JoeyICU said:
does it even crank or....just nothing...does it click at all or make any sort of noises when you turn the key over, this sounds to me like its something simple b/c usuaully when you have all angles covered.....your only missing like one little thing

very tru...i could be the smalles thing ever...and it could right there in front of your eyes...sorry im not good help but i wish u good luck man...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Just start at the battery, and start checking everything with the multimeter, all of the fuses including the big master fuse. Make sure your battery is connected to the chassis (ground), and test it to make sure.

Thats all I can really think of.. the interior lights arent really realated to the eninge, assuming the battery is good the only thing wrong could be a blown fuse, bad ground, or a short somewhere...

-Andrey

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NRL, I checked the master daddy and every fuse was OK. What I did is that I checked the gorunds of the engines and I think there was the problem. After fixing it, I connected the battery and it sparked like 3-4 times and then lights came on inside the car. I waited like 2 mins or so to see if everything was ok, although the clock is not on, prolly a fuse (i hope). Then It took a while to start, btu the engine start... :):):):):)I let the engine on for like 5 mins and everything was OK. The engine light didnt came on, but the "check gauges" lights were on almost all of the time, then after I turned it off because it starting to rev him without touching anything. I still need to fix the bracket. A bad news thou, I am leaking anti-freeze from the oil adapter. The leak is somewhat considerable. Any ideas on an easy way to fix it?? I really don't want to drain the whole engine again, lift it up and fix it, I was thinking of taking it to a mechanic :tongue: . Also, my tranny pan is leaking also:confused: , thats weird cause I never touched that thing, so I think I also need to replace it..
After 2 months of suffering, the cat is alive. All I need to do is fix does lil problem and put a new exhaust in. I am really happy because I made this far, now only thing to do is drive the car.. I'll keep you guys posted... Any ideas on how I can fix the leak on the oil adapter is very welcome and also how can I modify or fix the bracket for the throttle cable, can't use the 95 and the 03 just doesnt work that welll.. Thanks for your help guys...

Israel Ch.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Can I see a picture of your throttle bracket and cable just to see how you have it setup?

Also the oil filter adapter, can you tell where it is leaking from? Could be that the hose is not on all the way, the adapter is not tight, or the adapter housing could have a crack in it.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some pics of the bracket man....

Now about the leak, I can't tell very well were it's leaking from. Only thing I can see, is that the anti-freeze follows a path, and I can only see half of it (a way to say it) it falls from the bolt next to the oil filter. When I changed the adapter, I did change the gasket and I use the impact gun to put in back in place. A crack maybe? I don't know, but when I out it in place I didnt saw any cracks. I'll check it today again and see were is it leaking from. I just really hope its from the hose and not the adapter itself... Let me know how can I fix the bracket man, I was told to use the one from a 96, what do you think?? Thanks for your help

Israel

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Those adapters are cast aluminum I believe. An impact gun could do some damage to that adapter. You'll probably have to pull it off to check the gasket anyway. Hopefully its just not seatted right.
Adam

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
You definitely want to make sure it's right because the oil flows through the same housing and you don't want the two mixing

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
timb said:
You definitely want to make sure it's right because the oil flows through the same housing and you don't want the two mixing

So you are saying to drain all of the fluids again, get the engine half way out and check it??????:( Dammit man.. There is no other way uh?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
No I'm not saying that just look very carefully under there to see where the leak is and repair it if necesary so you don't have any problems with fluid mix. You have come too far at this point.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok man, I'll check it out again when I get home from school today. Lets say that the leak come from the top on the adapter, what can I put to stop it leaking? I replaced the gasket, I really dont get what is it leaking. I even thought at first to re-use the gasket that came in the 03....

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
There aren't many things there to leak If all the bolts are in (4) then either the housing has a crack, the gasket is bad or hopefully the hose just isn't seating or clamped well

1 - 20 of 30 Posts