TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just replaced the MAF on his 03 F150 5.4 with a Granatelli unit, and I was wondering if his stock MAF is worth putting on my bird. Sensor part # is XL3F-12B579-BA and the housing is PBT-GF40. Anyone know if this piece is a worthwhile upgrade?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Everything after the first four is the same as my '02 GT MAF, which would lead me to believe that it is the same sensor. I am not sure, just making an observation. The 12B579-BA is the same. I believe that the first four identify the vehicle for use. My housing is also PBT-GF40. It is very possibly the same thing. I think the GT MAF was originally sourced from the E-Vans.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I guess the question is whether the electronics and programming are the same for the two vehicles...anyone know?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Tell you what, I'll find out for you tomorrow for sure. I work at a dealer and my dad is the Parts and Service Director at the same dealer, so I'll be able to find out definitively tomorrow, ok?

·
Registered
475 Posts
You are correct the first four numbers or letters identify the vehicle and the next five or so just tell you what the parts function is. Example I work with the struts the new part number for the front strut on the next mustang is 4R33-18045-** and on the Explorer it is 4L24-18045-**. They are both struts but are not automatically interchangeable. I’m not saying that this part will not work for you, I just wanted you to know that just cause that part numbers are close doesn’t mean they will work.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Ok...sorry for the delay, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on this subject. I think that even if it isn't the same as the GT MAF, it may be a decent option to use. I would recommend that you contact one of the chip manufacturers who would be programming your computer to use a new MAF and see if they have the transfer range on your MAF. It could very well be a good option. Then e-mail or call Dan Newman to get the wiring harness that you need.

It's worth checking out at least, it is a new PI-spec MAF!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts