TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched but haven't found anything on this. I recently bought an 03 GT intake with fuel rails and injectors and noticed that it only has one hookup for fuel lines, as in a reutnrless fuel system, whereas our cars use a return fuel system... I am planning on doing an 02 explorer swap and was told that theses lines would work. My main question is, will they work? I am thinking they won't. Also, do the 02 explorers use a returnless system or a return system. It is beginning to look as though I will be needing to sell these rails and get some 96/97 rails. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-v8thndrbrd

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You could convert the rest of your system to use them but you'd spend alot of money for no gain.

96-98 rails work fine.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
It's a returnless fuel system, but just transplant the lines from a 96-97 like GB said.

Pete

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would fuel lines from a 96/97 Crown Vic work if I flipped them around so that the hookups were on the pass. side?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
If the Vic rails were a mirror image of MN12 rails, than no. The inlet for the fuel lines is on the back part of the rail (towards the firewall). Flipping this around would place the inlets in front of the TB instead of behind it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thank you, that's exactly what I was curious about, I couldn't remember where on the driver's side the hookups were on the crown vic. Thanks again palmguy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts