TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend called me and has a line on an '03 intake from a mustang. What should I have him check for to make sure it will work. He said it is all plastic no aluminum on it. Should I take that to mean it doesn't have the aluminum crossover? He also said he thought it was all one piece, no upper/lower... Comes with the rails... Basically if he is for sure it came off a '03 it is the PI intake that everyone is using correct?

Sam

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
To my knowledge all 02+ PI intakes should have the aluminum coolant crossover - if it's all plastic it's not an 03... Id check with him and make sure he knows what he's talking about before you buy.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought too... Anyone have a part number from an '03?

Sam

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty... That is the part number that is on the intake, thanx GM.

Sam

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is what he says. I trust him enough to know that he would recognize the difference between plastic and aluminum. Is that crossover removable? He is sending it to me at my cost to let me decide if I want it... I will be sure and take pictures and post them before I decide... I might just end up reselling it if it is ok...

Sam

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
yes the aluminum crossover is removable from the intake manifold.....a few bolts from underneat is what holds it in place.......if it does have that same part number, sounds like the aluminum Xover was removed:confused: .....cuz i don't see how it could have the same part # and NOT have the aluminum Xover...

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm, that is probably what it is... Is the crossover where the thermostat is housed? He said something about the place where the thermostat is housed is missing, but I didn't the thermostat was housed in the intake... do you know if the aluminum crossover is purchasable by itself?

Sam

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
yes the T-stat is housed in the Xover......and yes, the Xover is purchaseable seperately from any FRPP dealer.....i believe it costs $38.........do a search here in the 4.6 forum, or on Modular depot, in the 2V forum, and look for "aluminum crossover", and it should come up....i remember seeing it not too long ago...not more than 3-4 weeks ago

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool appreciate the help GM...

Sam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts