210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

engine: supercharged 3.9 liter V8 with 365 hp and 390 foot pounds of torque
transmission: five speed automatic or 6-speed manual

:leftright

·
Registered
47 Posts
Now thats just a nice looking buiild up of the New Thunderbird... Since I havn't had a chace to get into one , mostly cause I've been told there not extreamly comfortable for someone 6'7 but I'm thinking I'm gonna try either way... Heh, maybe Saleen wants to take a crack at makeing the Marauder worth it's price tag..

Jim

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
I hope by "get into one" you don't mean buy one. I drove one myself and it's WAY to cramped for anyone over about 6'2". I'm 6'7" myself, or just shy of it, and there is no way I could drive that thing for longer than an hour without getting cramped up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ya thats what I was told guess that kinda settles it lol... Not worth the effort, Though I just picked up a 87 Turbo coupe I'll be restoring (al be it it just needs basic body work and alot of paint..) and I'll be very happy with it, SHould end up at like 250-275 HP which isn't bad for a TC, and my 93 LX Bird should have the 351 in it before the end of next year so that'll be cool...

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
That thing looks sooooo gay! You seriously have to be a big flamer if you like it.

351? Did you ever get that 3.8 working right in the SC.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
okcbird said:
Where's my post?

I said that the car was gay (meaning I don't like it.)
It wasn't me, must have been someone deleting posts that differ in opinion.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
It's gay looking. But not as gay as LaBelly.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
VicRattlehead said:

ITS NOT A *** ****** MN12 WHY DOES EVERYONE TRY TO COMPARE IT TO OUR POS MN12'S?????
You have to remember a lot of this board doesn't remember a Thunderbird or Cougar before the MN12 platform.

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

You have to remember a lot of this board doesn't remember a Thunderbird or Cougar before the MN12 platform.
You mean there was a Thunderbird before 1989? HAHA...just kidding...we all know the 87TC was the first Thunderbird :uppoint:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
:zsoapbox: :zsoapbox: :zsoapbox: well then people need to open their eyes, the thunderbird has been around for nearly 50 years, and if it wasnt for the cars built back then there wouldnt be a MN12 for them today. :zsoapbox: :zsoapbox: :zsoapbox:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
VicRattlehead said:

ITS NOT A GOD DAMNED MN12 WHY DOES EVERYONE TRY TO COMPARE IT TO OUR POS MN12'S?????
Sorry man. I can call an MN12 Badass, as well as previous incarnations, but could you honestly call the new platform the same? Do I HAVE TO like the new platform just because it's a Thunderbird?

I like the '67 2 door.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Since the new bird cost almost $40k with all the options, I wouldn't be surprised to see Saleen put a $60-$75k price tag on that ugly thing, and what is up with the lip spoiler? Did Saleen higher some women to design that for him like Ford did???

Preston

1 - 20 of 28 Posts