TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to install a 03 C.Vic Tranny 4r70w into 95-02 c.vic.

03 tranny has a toothless output shaft where my 95-02 VSS takes its input. vehicle speed sensor has no way of getting input from output shaft

This means that my speedo is not going to work properly.

Q is - is there any other way for VSS to get input - so my speedo would work properly?

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Pretty sure the VSS is also used by the PCM for such things as shifting strategy/lockup, and other things. EVO steering, and cruise. So I think the speedometer not working is just one problem, maybe not the biggest one to deal with.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Don't hold me to this, but I've been told that the "Dallas Mustang SpeedCal" adapter will interface the two VSS type signals. :thumbsup:

FRPP also sells the item (for less money). :D

I just bought one to correct the speedometer in my Cougar when I went to the 2.73's. I haven't installed it yet, so I really don’t have that much first hand information on them.

I’m planning on using the SpeedCal for the 2000 T-45 since it has the Hall effect pickup also. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.