TCCoA Forums banner
141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Don't go off of my post, I was asking to see if they were hooked up that way.

SWS

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
The compressor discharge is a good spot for WG BOOST (not vacuum) So my line goes from the turbo compressor to the wastegate..

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Heres a few things that may help. Find another pressure gauge of any sort laying around (off of a air compressor, tire pump.....) and then check the intake pressure with another gauge for all you know you have a fubar gauge. If there is no boost still try blocking off the waste gates. Cut out some block off plates and then romp on it a little to see if it will build boost. Just keep your eye on the gauge to not over boost. At idle are you gates sealed? Put your hand over the outlets to feel for exhaust. Some of the china waste gates are not the best and can leak. Even with a slight leak however they should still spool. Gearing or the trans should not be the problem. There's no reason the car shouldn't boost. How does thew car run and idle. It also may help to include the whole setup as what MAF/Injectors/ and ecu tuner you are using? AFRs? DId you check all of the couplers and intake parts to make sure there are no big leaks?

OH and also check or block off the BOV as it also may be bad. You don't even really truly need a bov on an low boost auto car.

·
Registered
91 Super Coupe
1,339 Posts
Any updates on this car ? BTW, if you can hear the blow off valve, but not building boost, maybe it's stuck open.

David

·
Registered
407 Posts
i really wanted to see this done......but i think you should take it to a shop that deals with turbos and see what they can do,it might be alot of money but i think it will definitely fix your problems

·
Administrator
14,402 Posts
Bummer. I thought he might actually pull this build off.

He got a lot closer than twin turbo 281 ever did.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was hoping to see this finished. I am thinking of doing the same thing on my 94 cougar. Hopefully he leaves the pics up for a while done can use some of his design to try and get mine up and going once I get started on it. I new to finish a project I already have going and then it will be on to the cougar and twin turbos.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was hoping to see this finished. I am thinking of doing the same thing on my 94 cougar. Hopefully he leaves the pics up for a while done can use some of his design to try and get mine up and going once I get started on it. I new to finish a project I already have going and then it will be on to the cougar and twin turbos.

His car was for sale a while back, you should buy it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I already have a cougar and I already have 2 turbos and an intercooler. I just need to finish my race car rebuild so I can get the cougar in the garage to do the fab work. I enjoy building the cars a much as driving them.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.