TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to junk yard pulled a valve body from an 03 crown vic and am wondering will it work in my 95 thats in the car.

I also have the upper 1-2 light green spring from the 03, 1W7Z-7F284-AA, and the brown 1-2 upper F75Z-7F284-BA, the updated 1-2 accumulator, updated 2-3 accumulator. I'm going to get a violet spring, F7AZ-7F284-BA, from an older vic town car or marquis. If that doesn't work i should have a purple, F3LY-7F284-A, in mine already.

According to what ive been told the light blue 1-2 upper is recommended, and the brown is super stiff from trucks and vans and would make for a hard/firm shift. The light green i have i got is in between the two so i wanted to try that.

For the bottom 1-2 shooting for violet, think im going to end up whats in there and if thats broke maybe none which im iffy about because i still haven't driven in any j-modded vehicles that i know of and I don't want to make it too harsh.

Also there where these two items that where not present to my knowledge in the pan when i took it off they were in the pan so i don't know where they came from if anyone could help me it was a little yellew bobble looking thing and a oval cup mini filter with the same filter material as the little square in valve body, two pan magnets stacked on each other, and the valve body itself doesnt have 3 plates bolted to it just 2. I rebuilt a 96 with the high energy frictions and all but dont remember the little bobble and mini cup filter should i put these items back in? 2 pan magnets?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mini cup filter, yellow bobble

old valve body

new valve body

one check ball looks shriveled

came from

tag from 03 vics 4r70w

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
It should work with the correct changes, adapter pins to fix the locating pins size, The screen can not be used and the direct accumulator retainer is too short.
Alan

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can i use the guide pin bolts from the 95 valve body?
or do i have to buy special one?

so the yellow thing and the cup sreen dont can't go in?

how do i fix the direct accumulator being too short? can i get those pieces from the 95 valve body?

I also have a 96 valve body.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Went to junk yard pulled a valve body from an 03 crown vic and am wondering will it work in my 95 thats in the car.

I also have the upper 1-2 light green spring from the 03, 1W7Z-7F284-AA, and the brown 1-2 upper F75Z-7F284-BA, the updated 1-2 accumulator, updated 2-3 accumulator. I'm going to get a violet spring, F7AZ-7F284-BA, from an older vic town car or marquis. If that doesn't work i should have a purple, F3LY-7F284-A, in mine already.
...I also have a 96 valve body.

What did you do? Take apart a bunch of transmissions at a local yard? I'm sure the yard owner is gonna love you - he can't sell those transmissions now! lol

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 03 blue reverse servo spring and a 95 green one the article doesn't mention changing it should I use the green one

Those cars sit for a month no longer then dissappear why not i think they get crushed they have prices for things like just the pan or valve body the 03 transmission had case damage that's why it didn't get taken by the people who took the engine

·
Registered
631 Posts
To answer your bobble thing question. It plugs the dipstick tube hole and gets pushed into the pan when they assemble it at the factory. Hang onto it it is great when you have to pull the trans and don't want to drain the pan.. pull the dipstick tube and quickly insert the bobble to keep the fluid from going everywhere.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay will use blue

I have 96 stock block pi from heads up 02 gt maf with tune just for maf though rest stock factory trac loc
I used http://www.crownvic.net/tech/4R70Wnotes.pdf
And chapter 18 from jerrys article to do my plate all the I drilled
2-.100
4&5-.10
7-.125
9&11-.100
And 10-.089

Between light green and brown for upper 1-2 which should I use
Bottom I probably have purple lower in there I have 2 violets one from 93 vic one from 94 they don't look violet though. Should I use one of these or leave it out

·
Premium Member
649 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea alan told me but i only have the stock plates and it looks like it might cover that hole up and im scared to do that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts