TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I encoutered a big problem with rebuilding my 4R70W - somehow I lost a 1-2 shift spring (probably just my little nephew grabbed it and threw it somewhere...) At this photo - http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21846&d=1267920035 it's the bottom one.
The problem is that here in Poland i can't buy any of those springs. Does anybody know the dimensions of that spring so I could buy another one as similar to factory as it's possible?
Documents of my T-bird say it's from 1995, but I'm not sure if it really is since I've got another one from 1995, the same version and there are some differences between those cars.
My accumulator piston is an old-style alluminium one. If you need some more information just tell me, I'll try clarify it.
I will be very, very thankful for any help :frown2:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hello guys. I encoutered a big problem with rebuilding my 4R70W - somehow I lost a 1-2 shift spring (probably just my little nephew grabbed it and threw it somewhere...) At this photo - http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21846&d=1267920035 it's the bottom one.
The problem is that here in Poland i can't buy any of those springs. Does anybody know the dimensions of that spring so I could buy another one as similar to factory as it's possible?
Documents of my T-bird say it's from 1995, but I'm not sure if it really is since I've got another one from 1995, the same version and there are some differences between those cars.
My accumulator piston is an old-style alluminium one. If you need some more information just tell me, I'll try clarify it.
I will be very, very thankful for any help :frown2:
Since you have the transmission out, look up the Jmod in the technical articles and you can just leave that spring out. It will make the 1-2 shift much more firm, and if you are under hard throttle allow the tires to chirp as you grab 2nd gear.

If you are shifting under low throttle, it'll be a little more firm, but not bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts