TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, finally got time to get under the car to do the Jmod and when I got to the accumulator part for the 1-2 I noticed.. to my jaw dropping demise that the upper 1-2 spring on my tranny is missing!?

I checked and re checked all around me and in the trans and all over the place! NOTHING! I thought I lost my mind so I even had my wife take a look and nothing!

Anyone ever run into something like that before?

It was shocking to me because the car had a Jasper rebuilt transmission put on by the previous owner.. I am shocked that the transmission never went out on me since it has over 50k since being rebuilt!

And to add insult to injury my torque converter bolt somehow the thread is messed up as if someone forced it in before me so now it wont go back in properly and I am afraid to force it. Can you get these new or am I out of luck here?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh wow and here I thought it was a vital spring.
But even if the application is dead stock? would that explain lengthy 1-2 shifts?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
oh wow and here I thought it was a vital spring.
But even if the application is dead stock? would that explain lengthy 1-2 shifts?
My 95 transmission stock HAD an upper spring and still had lengthy, sluggish 1-2 shifts. Since the j-mod, it shifts better than a brand new tranny - firm, nimble, even tire chirping at times! It's a beautiful thing, it really is!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
My '95 LX 4.6 did NOT have an upper spring over the 1-2 accumulator ...
... but it had a 3 piece lower spring (lol ... 3 piece .... get it?).

It had started shifting hard on every shift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts