TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was lookin on ebay n i found the tokico package w/ shocks and 1.25" springs for $325..i got stock 16"s w/ 225/60/16's...anyone know wat that would look like?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hmmmm...are you sure it wouldn't look the same only 1 1/4" lower???

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think it will be closer to 0.0001578283 Furlongs lower...

:D

use the search thinnggyyy... It works.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhh...you mean like .00000635 leagues lower!
Now I get it. :rofl:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am sure the drop would be noticable to most who know how to look at a car. My question is, can you notice a difference in the handling? Looks is good but corning is even better.

Bluethunder

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Bluethunder said:
I am sure the drop would be noticable to most who know how to look at a car. My question is, can you notice a difference in the handling? Looks is good but corning is even better.

Bluethunder
Yes BIG difference.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I second Chris's response. I noticed a BIG difference. Anytime you lower that much weight's center of gravity, combined with higher springs rates and increased dampening control (good shocks), the outcome's GOTTA be good!

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
the tokico springs seem like they would be wound extreamly tight and have a very tight ride....looking on mn12 perf the tokico springs start out at about the sport spring resistance...but then get extreamly tight extreamly quick....anyone have these and have comments on ride quality of them?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a set of Tokiko shocks and struts and they ride nice. I am also dropped about 1.5 with a set of Eibach sport springs.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
JoeyICU said:
the tokico springs seem like they would be wound extreamly tight and have a very tight ride....looking on mn12 perf the tokico springs start out at about the sport spring resistance...but then get extreamly tight extreamly quick....anyone have these and have comments on ride quality of them?
Tokico-Sport Lowering Springs are of the linear design and offer cold wound steel that is powder coated for a lifetime of protection. Tokico offers one kit for the 89-97 Thunderbird and it is designed to lower the car 1.25". The front spring rate is 326 lbs per inch and the rear spring rate is 577 lbs per inch with a freelength of 15.70" in front and 11.07" in the rear.
They are the same rate at any height.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
i thought with the linear desighn the spring rates double each inch...like mn12 says...and like i thought?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Yeah 326lbs/in. for 1 inch, 652lbs/in. for the 2nd inch, etc. But what you said was...

looking on mn12 perf the tokico springs start out at about the sport spring resistance...but then get extreamly tight extreamly quick
The LX Sport Option:
Front: 349-403 lb./in.
Rear: 509-637 lb./in.

That would mean that the tokico springs are lighter (in rate) than the sport springs for the first inch and much lighter for each successive inch. The sport springs are a heavier spring for the rear also. You make it sound like the tokico are a stiff spring when they are really online with regular V8 springs in rate. When lowering a car most people would want a bit of increased spring rate to deal with the fact that you have less travel available.

Russell

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Originally posted by JoeyICU
anyone have these and have comments on ride quality of them?
Your ride quality is going to be determined by a number of factors and the biggest is the type of shocks that are on your car. Lowering springs and Bilsteins gave me a better ride than it had stock.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
i feel dumb...so its like cut lx springs almost...tokico shocks are very good but bilsteins do have a better ride quality...im not sure if there actually stiffer...but...there at the least equivilent....i guess the best and only mn12 lower spring to look for are becoming eibach

1 - 20 of 25 Posts