TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question has probably been discussed several times before on this forum. I just did not found the discussions and solutions.

I have lowered my 94-Tbird 1,5" with Vogtland springs and there are also Koni adjustable shocks. This summer I had original sway bar in front and Addco 1 3/8 in rear. I had the rear Koni on max soft and the front Koni on 3/4 hard. Functioned relatively good, not absolutely perfect, but ok. The problems vere when there were turns with some defect in the road and I had a speed over 75 - 80 mph, otherwise ok. This winter I will change to a Addco 1 3/8 also in front.

I have seen in some questions discussed on this forum that the fire wall can crack with that stiff sway bar. What should I do to prevent it from cracking? The most easy is of course to just stay with original sway bar, but I will do the change. I will make the Strut Tower Brace. I will also make the Lower Engine Cradle Brace.

Is there anything else that I should or can do? I better do it before cracking because it is much more work to do after the cracking.

Regards

Berth

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
crack

Hello

Don't think stock stuff won't crack the firewall.

I have a 96, 3.8 auto. has the crack in the firewall.

Both those braces are a good idea.

My 90 has as seperation in the trany tunnel. Not the car's fault:zdunno:

:wavey:

·
Registered
789 Posts
I think the Koni and lower springs will crack the firewall more than the bars... I'm one of the guys that had the firewall split and I have stock bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts