TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else have problems with this? my sc runs around 16.2 hot, i will then ice the motor and it it will run 14.8-15.1. why such a big change?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Supercharger is just a giant air compressor, ever stuck your hand around a air compressor pump? its extremely hot. When you compress air it becomes extremely hot, hense why we have a Intercooler right after the SC, a good mod would be to remove your AC condensor to allow more air flow to your IC to cool the air, but for most people that isnt realistic, another good mod is a IC puller fan, just to pull the air across the IC more to cool the air.. would bring your runs closer to each other, but icing down the SC top and lower IC tube is always a huge +

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
T1Bird said:
...a good mod would be to remove your AC condensor to allow more air flow to your IC to cool the air, but for most people that isnt realistic, another good mod is a IC puller fan, just to pull the air across the IC more to cool the air...
Decent suggestions, or you could get a double intercooler. Basically, cooling off the supercharger and intercooler allows the air to get denser, which means more power. A larger intercooler allows for more heat dissipation ~ same thing as icing the intake. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
on a budget, just make sure there's an airbox or heatshield on the intake, an intercooler fan should help a lot, and springing for a mach 1 hood would allow some more cool air into the engine compartment. if ur rich go for the spearco front-mount intercooler! :ztoohot:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I assume you mean the Magnum Powers Front Mount. And yes, it does help. ;)

The biggest problem with these cars is the way that heat affects them. You can lose a ton of HP to even the slightest bit of temperature increase. By heat, I do mean the intake charge. So, cooling that would help out a lot, i.e. bigger intercooler, nitrous, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Adiabatic heat, is the proper term. its the reason that you have inconsistencies (or part of the reason at least) Adiabatic heat is the exponential heating of compressed air. Thats why icing your blower makes A HUGE difference. plus cold air is denser.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yea, it's dead. I think something happened to the server, maybe. I keep getting the 404. Or else George wuold have left us a message.

·
Registered
270 Posts
He's taking everyone membership money and runnin...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts