TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys it looks like I might be getting a deal on some H & R lowering springs.... as I have 2 broken front springs. is 1.5 too much of a drop to keep a stock wheel height on? I know everything will still fit bu I am worried about suspension travel. Anyone have an opinion on the H & R's.....???

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
nah it will be fine, lots of guys do that much. i'm running just 1.5 drop up front stock out back on my car. 26x5 tire up front, 28x11 out back

·
Super Moderator
12,687 Posts
nah it will be fine, lots of guys do that much. i'm running just 1.5 drop up front stock out back on my car. 26x5 tire up front, 28x11 out back
Pictures Please :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Not at all...if you were to go with anything bigger (1.75-2"), then I'd definately worry about speed bumps. Do you have any sort of body kit on your ride?

I'm going with the 1.75 front and 1.5 rear H&R springs...but it'll be June before I have time to get them on.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
im dropping 1.7 to 2.0 and run a 245.45 up front and 275/40n in the rear with no problems.. well maybe a lil i rolled the fender and put in air bags

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No body kit... and my tires are almost exactly the stock height.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'd worry more about the shocks if I were you. Might want to look to company's such as tokico or KYB, whatever your budget works best with.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll probably go with kyb's... I loved em on my grand marquis for the two weeks they were on there...

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
So then the back sits 2 1/2" higher than the front? Did lowering the front hurt weight transfer on the launch at all?

Al

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
So then the back sits 2 1/2" higher than the front? Did lowering the front hurt weight transfer on the launch at all?

Al
not terribly too be honest i almost had to much traction with the big tires, even with the gears it would still bog from a dead stand still, now i get just a wee bit of slip which gets me up to the power range quicker. if i had more power i'm sure i'd slow down, here's a link to the pics

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=98789

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
i have H & R springs.... 1.7 front 1.5 rear they have been on the car 5+ yrs so i believe they have settled more over time
I have 17's on the car, not sure of the tire size, looks good sittin real low with no rubbing.

·
Registered
789 Posts
With 2 broken springs you may not even notice that much drop... just a smoother ride. I had 3 broken:)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks like I will be going with the vogtland .75 drops. I have been told they give the best ride, and a new set is only 205. I am looking for a used set, but we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow that's alotta drop... lol... I have found a really good source for some vogtland 1.9 drops, so I will be buying these. I have my new shocks at teh house, as well as rear isolaters.... dunno what else I need other than the springs, so its just a waiting game now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I lowered mine so much I had to oval the bolt holes in upper outer arms and weld a C ridge so I could use chamber adjustable bolts to set tiores straight up down again . was easy fix made holes elongated then added the bolts with offset washers meant for inside adjusters because the factory chamber was not enuff.

but hey what do I know one of many mods to rear suspension on my sc 5 spd that dont get wheelhop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts