TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured this would more get attention here than in the GP forums. There's a new GP going on with Blue Tongue Motorsports, I know a few people here (including myself) were in on a previous GP through them. Clicky, clicky :)

Joe

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Oh the last one went through? I didn't think they got enough people? Oh well.

If anyone is considering this I HIGHLY recommend it. I got a pretty decent power increase with my 1.8's and my gas mileage increased by 4mpg!

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Was that a typo or are you actually happy you're spending more gas?

PJ

·
8,978 Posts
Oops, fixed now. Now the 50 people that have looked at this think gas mileage gets worse.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I feel dumb asking, but these will work on split-port heads? I will need new lifters, right? What if I go with the 207/215 cam?

PJ

·
Administrator
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel dumb asking, but these will work on split-port heads? Yes
I will need new lifters, right? No
What if I go with the 207/215 cam? No problem!

Joe

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Reason I ask is because RPM Mustangs says that if you buy a cam from them, you will need new lifters unless you get adjustable rockers... ??? I may just shell out this dough I don't have to get in on this GP.

PJ

·
8,978 Posts
I think you usually get new lifter on any other car but the Ford 3.8 has roller lifters and that allows us to keep them?

I've never heard of anyone needing the adjustable rockers with a cam but you might with ported heads.

I bought the non-adjustable 1.8's and I'm thinking about byuing the adjustable mounting studs for when I get oprted heads. Just makes it easier.

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I am jealous, yet poor as dirt. :(

Maybe next time (hopefully, there will be one). :)

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I'm thinking about byuing the adjustable mounting studs for when I get oprted heads
I thought the adjustability came from an adjustable cup where the rocker arm meets the pushrod.... I very well could be wrong, I'm just trying to clear this up in my mind ;)

:confused:

·
8,978 Posts
oh that might be. I don't know much about the adjustables. The reason you MIGHT need adjustables (or shims for non-adj) is sometimes the heads will be milled which changes the length the pushrods need to be. So nistead of getting different pushrods I could just buy the adjustable rockers.
-Thomas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts