TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bird is about 300 miles from hitting 100,000 miles , should i do anything to hit that'll keep it running in top shape. Since i had the car ive been on point with the oil changes and maintance check ups . DOnt trust any companys so i do it myself so if anyone can let me know if anything needs to be doen or should i just keep doing what im doing that'll be alot of help thanks .

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Do a full tune up (plugs, wires, fuel filter, vac lines maybe, check over all the hoses real goo for bad ones, change tranny fluid, rear end fluid, that kind of stuff) unless it has all been done recently. Another thing to change would be the water pump. I put a new one in at around 120K b/c the old one had a very small leak from it. Not bad esp if you're going to be doing all the other stuff too.

Joe

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks alot man

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
No prob. Good luck with it. Treat her right, and she'll love you forever

Joe

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more Question would there be any vaccum hose kits or hose kits period i can buy , and if so is there any good type of hoses i should install ? thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If you notice a vac leak, you could give Dan a call to see if you can get new ones ($$$), but I'm willing to bet that it is a discontinued part. I just ordered a set for a 96 and I think I may have gotten the last one. But you could also just use some strong rubber tubing.

Joe

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot Is there anyway i can just buy the chrome vaccum tubing and replace that? might s well dress the engine up if im changing them, and should i wait till i have a leak t ochange them or should i just do it just in case?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks alot man i saw your mods where did you get your hood at i need to get one .

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I bought my hood from Legendary and I really like the way it looks but I would not be able to recommend him to anyone. He ships in a card board box so I was lucky to get mine undamaged. Also he cheated several of us out of the struts for holding up the hood. We paid him but he never shipped them. Go search some of the vendor feed backs and/or some of the hood threads and you will understand.

Tony

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright thanks alot for the warning man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts