TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure where i should put this but, my car shuts off at 100, how do i bypass that?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where do i get one for a 95?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Only at 100mph??? My 95 (when it was running) cut out at 110mph. Thats weird.

·
Registered
799 Posts
yea so did mine. i got a chip in it now but have'nt run it past 80 yet..

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
My car cuts out at 160KM/h ... not sure what that is in MPH, but I'm almost certain thats faster than 110mph
160 kilometers = 99.4193908 miles

·
Registered
255 Posts
I got a question for you guys. When my car was running, there was a few times when my car didnt shut off. It would shut off 95% of the time at like 109. But occasionally it wouldnt shut off. There was one occasion where it didnt shut off and I ran my car past 120 mph. I know there was no chip or tune on my car. Can anyone explain this?

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,591 Posts
I got a question for you guys. When my car was running, there was a few times when my car didnt shut off. It would shut off 95% of the time at like 109. But occasionally it wouldnt shut off. There was one occasion where it didnt shut off and I ran my car past 120 mph. I know there was no chip or tune on my car. Can anyone explain this?
You were in third.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
if u turn od off the car should pull to 115 120 bc the limiter runs off the rpm in od bc mine does that...
What are you talking about?

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Mine cuts off at 102mph in third and fourth. It does it on the chassis dyno too.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
if u turn od off the car should pull to 115 120 bc the limiter runs off the rpm in od bc mine does that...
where did you come up with this garbage. You are incorrect. The rev limiter goes by RPM. The Speed limiter is read from the output shaft sensor on the transmission. He knows how fast the driveshaft is spinning therefore cuts the car off. That's why when you change gears from 3.27's to 4.10's the speed limiter kicks in around 80 something. The driveshaft is spinning at the cut off speed but because of the higher gear's you're not moving as fast anymore.

And before anyone suggests it do NOT unplug the output shaft thinking you'll bypass just the limiter... the computer does alot from that sensor.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Hey there! How's everything goin' in CO.?

I'm doing good... One week from today (well Sat) we're putting 3.73's in a Mark VIII case, and a pair of Aluminum Mark VIII LCA's just for good measure... Can't wait... I wanna see the 13's!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts