mph 109.01

60 1.757
330 5.228
1/8 8.115
mph 84.90
1000 10.621
1/4 12.726
mph 108.84

the track was good for a Friday night, only spun 1 out 5 times and couldn't have asked for better weather.

although it isn't a record time, i believe that might be the N/A mph record :D

btw, those runs were with full interior

Hans

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
fast

It is amazing how fast you are na. Did you use nitrous? If so how much? What gears do you have?

You are faster than me and I have a allen blower. I hope to be in the mid 11 soon with some stuff I am working on.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Great Numbers Hans!!!

Great numbers for a N/A Motor. You got her kicking now.

Keep up the good work!! :)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Go get'em man! Now all that's left to do is to show'em what it can do in the autocross course. Maybe at the 2005 MN12 Nats??? :)

Jim

·
Registered
199 Posts
:eek: Mods list?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Another thumbs up goes to you man.......................I am running out of thumbs to give you. :D...................Thats the alcohol speaking, not me.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Go get 'em Hans!

I've got all my bugs worked out now if you want to take my car for a drive to feel the suspension.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hans...

I am lately more than not much just the surfer-and-sponge like kind on many of these boards anymore. Too many things drawing my time, while it's often -or can be frequently a mission in trying to "clear" thru all the smack n-trash talk in finding something that's really worth while to be conscious of, or that may contain justifiable 'tech' or some respectable "news" of information to trade opinions and shop talk about.

But dude, when another eastern coast MN12 is out there laying down MPH's like THAT :eek: and putting down stats that are more those that are seen with PA (power-adder) platforms with one of these Animal House pigs, ....well -let's just say it tends to make MANY stop and take a second or two to reflect and then bark back something to the tune of a big Stone COLD Stev Austin's "HELLLLLuuuuuuuuAAAAAAAAHHHH YEAHHHHH!!!!!"

109 in NA trim is the Bittttttttttzzzzzzzzzzzhhhhhhhhhennnnnnnnnsst brotha!!! and w/#'s like that I'd dare to say there will be many a SLutStang box-popp'n goober-goobler competitor who may have the misfortune of lining up across from you who may just have to say: WHAT????? deF* was THAT????TTTTT that just stripped my last 3-days of Zano-sweating polish OFF my ride as it went by!!!!!!
(Like we tell 'em round here @ MIR and my home track, 'it's JUST a TEEEEE-BIRD buddy'!!!... now go wipe up all that baby poop off the staging lane there so we can get on with the rest of the day's drag racing.)

I'd say that those are the kinda numbers that qualify for the TFHS club anyday, anytime bud!

GREAT accomplishment and keep 'em salavating!!!!!!
You need some stickers on the *** end of that thing bro that maybe read:
:zraped: by-----

:skull: :skull: :skull: Hans Solo!!!

peace out-
-mike

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
See what happens when you listen to the right people,and build the car with the right parts?
:D
JL

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thats unreal. Great times. 110 trap speeds are unreal. Now spray it with a 100 shot and go low 11's :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The torsen unit is heavy duty so there shouldn’t be anymore rear ends blowing up. It was unfortunate that the pinion retaining bolt broke in like 3 places causing the whole pumkin to grenade…. I think the car would have done pretty good on the autocross at the mn12 nats

As far as the rest of the setup it is essentially a 98 romeo shortblock with Renegade NPI heads with PI ports, comp 268 cams, PI intake with CnL plenum and BBK 75 TB, 3600 stall triple disc, kooks headers and a modified ART exhaust system. The only major changes since last year was going from a 3000-3200 stall converter to a 3600 and getting rid of the rigged flexi-tube exhaust. With the higher stall I experimented with launching the car differently now and of course the good weather. There are still some things to update, like the VB, its still drilled for sub 300hp.

Thanks everyone for your support. Mike – I appreciate your appreciation. To be honest I had no idea that mph was even possible and went down the track for another run ( the 108.84) to make sure it wasn’t a fluke. Robert was pretty much the only one who lined up against me that evening – so I dunno… couple of people stopped by, one with a flashlight checking for nitrous I bet and another guy was asking many, many questions. Johnny, simply, you da man. thank you for your advice and help. :)

All in all, it’s a beast the way it is. I think I will continue with N/A for now as I was surprised with this mph so maybe there are a few more suprises. :cool:

Thanks,
Hans

Brian, you will have a pm.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Bad *** dude. Totally bad ***. :thumbsup:

Your second 1/8th mile is real good, quicker than mine. I'm going to have to try that electric water pump and no belt deal, looks like it really works.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Awsome dude...

We've come a long way in the last couple years with these cars N/A. The first time I hit 13's I got a PM from The Man, congratulating me and welcoming me to a small, "elite" club.

Now 13's are matter of fact and mid-twelves is everyone's goal. Almost makes me wish I had stayed the N/A course.....

Almost... ;)

Congrats... :thumbsup:

-mike

·
Registered
664 Posts
Great times and MPH Hans! Wish I had come down the track to see what I could have done and to watch you run that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks!

Kris, the first 1/8th mile was slightly better than the second but not by much…comparing to your 12.54 run, even though we are real close on the 60, your already a tenth better in the 330 and .15 and 1 mph in the 1/8th…your car just takes off like a rocket

Mike, yeah the N/A route is fun… especially when the car runs good... I’m sure though you’ll be very pleased with GB when she’s done – start buying stock in your favorite tire company :)

Ox, playing around on the Moddepot DA calcuators and such it turns out it was the perfect evening… couldn’t really have had better weather.

Hans

1 - 20 of 22 Posts