TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
1996 Thunderbird Sport Coyote Swap
7,397 Posts
As far as I know, I'm the only one who swapped a 6R in a MN12. I haven't seen a 10R up close yet, but I've been told they are similar to the 6R on size. Can't contest to the mounting location for the crossover support. I used the Stifflers mounting bracket and modified our stock crossover support to work. Good luck with your project.

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
what kind of pedal does the 10 speed transmission use?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
As far as I know, I'm the only one who swapped a 6R in a MN12. I haven't seen a 10R up close yet, but I've been told they are similar to the 6R on size. Can't contest to the mounting location for the crossover support. I used the Stifflers mounting bracket and modified our stock crossover support to work. Good luck with your project.
Thank you! The stifflers mount you say is the one that bolts up to the rear of the trans and has one bolt with a poly bushing facing down right? Do you have pics of your crossmember after the install? The 10r is a tad bit bigger.

·
Beer and Cheese
1996 Thunderbird Sport Coyote Swap
7,397 Posts
Yes, that's the one. I just removed the little sand box from the crossover and drilled out the hole so the bolt could fit.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes, that's the one. I just removed the little sand box from the crossover and drilled out the hole so the bolt could fit. View attachment 45438
That looks almost like it’s MEANT to be there. Was kinda worried about the mounting of the rear but after seeing your picture I know it’ll be smooth sailing. Gonna try and get we done end of the year or early next year. I want to wait til they pop out the 10r controller but I’m ansy and want to do SOMETHING haha. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
That Moroso oil pan looks scary for ground clearance. That looks like it holds 15 qts.

Al

·
Registered
1995 Ford Thunderbird LX w/ SC seats, Terminator Cobra rear springs and Koni Shocks
16 Posts
Maybe someone with fabrication skills could work out a bellhousing and torque converter adapter solution from Modular engine to the BMW or Jaguar ZF 8HP70 transmissions. They're proven up to 700+ nm of torque. There's already a company called HTG that makes a standalone controller. It's based on the previous generation 6hp transmission, which the 6r80 is also based on.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The Jag trans would probably work without adapters if they put it behind the coyote.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Thunderbird LX w/ SC seats, Terminator Cobra rear springs and Koni Shocks
16 Posts
The Jag trans would probably work without adapters if they put it behind the coyote.
Yeah I was comparing the starter locations. Very similar to the 6r80 and 10r80 mustang version

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Maybe someone with fabrication skills could work out a bellhousing and torque converter adapter solution from Modular engine to the BMW or Jaguar ZF 8HP70 transmissions. They're proven up to 700+ nm of torque. There's already a company called HTG that makes a standalone controller. It's based on the previous generation 6hp transmission, which the 6r80 is also based on.
I’ve looked at the HTG and it also controls the bmw DCT. I’ve been reading and the damn 8hp is a beast it’s in almost everything. Dodge has it in pretty much everything. Bmw switched to the 8HP and got away from the DCT and people ate pretty upset. My only gripe is that, the 6/10r are a Str8 bolt on no mods needed to the bell housing

21 - 31 of 31 Posts