TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Regardless, it has to come apart. I will take pictures when I do that, maybe they can be helpful to someone.
So, I thank you all for the help, and the ideas.
I can plan what tools and parts I may need and want.
I already know that since I am going in there, I will check on the price of Drag Bags. If bags are affordable, they can go in too. I already know we will need the bags to hold this thing.

I think that's going to be next Spring job, it's getting cold here.

·
The Parts Guy
7,849 Posts
Yes Rod, I installed the springs with the rubber pieces only, no perches or other hardware.

Do you have a manufacturer and part number with a preferred vendor?
I have the drawing and a lathe.

I already know that since I am going in there, I will check on the price of Drag Bags. If bags are affordable, they can go in too. I already know we will need the bags to hold this thing.
You'll have to figure out what p/n to buy, as the bags will need to be significantly taller without a lower spring perch.

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
I'm not seeing broken, but what is that sticking out of the red bushings ?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm not seeing broken, but what is that sticking out of the red bushings
Not broken.

I had a little time today.
I was able to take the pressure off and scooch the left spring outboard to match the right side.

We will see if they sit tight or migrate.

All looks okay now. Yeah Rod, I will need to find the right bags for without perches if I go that route.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I got leftie scootched over. Hopefully that will stay, it certainly is punched in pretty well.

Thanks for the bag info. I need to put a trailer hitch on so it will do double duty.
I got the Wiper assembly and valance installed, wipers on. And with new speakers and added insulation in the speaker holds, the radio works again. Driver side Lincoln seat operational...nice.. Driver power window repaired, also very nice to have. And the back half of the pipe kit is in the car. That really helps a lot.

It runs and drives great, way better than I expected. It has more power and torque than expected, steering is outstanding. Brakes need to be upgraded again, they are not adequate.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts