TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well, I found this searching around.

Craigslist AD said:
I have a late 1994 Ford Thunderbird for sale it has the 4.6 mod motor, cobra bottom end, .030 over je pistons 11.5/1 comp ratio, ported heads, comp cams and was tuned on 110 octane gas.

4000 tci stahl with 2nd gear lock up trans has ben beefed up also all the suspension has ben done, upgraded half shafts, 4.30 gears

Two sets of wheels 16" American Racing and a set of jegs pro stars with skinnies on front and 275/60-15 mickey thompson et streets outback.

Car runs 8s consistently in the 1/8 mile and its been 11.80s in the 1/4.

Asking $8000 obo may consider trades just depends on what you have. I can be reached at 434-738-7320 calls or txts only no emails. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3444708313.html

This bad boy runs 8s in the 1/8 and 11.8 in the 1/4......yeah right.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm no expert but I think if he were telling the truth it should have been 12.8 in the 1/4 that's doable with that setup but I find it hard to believe 11.8 unless Robert's car was pushing him :rofl:

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Thats interesting

Wonder who he is. Not sure its anyone we've heard of. From the lack of information in regard to tuning etc and the 8 second 1/8th I'm in agreement with the BS on 11.8's. Its high 12 second possible maybe.

Now if by chance he's spraying it yeah its real possible but then again that doesn't account for 8. second 1/8's. Doesn't say anything about 60 fts either.

Too much stuff to speculate there. Obviously there is no blower on the pic & I dont see any nitrous lines particularly.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I guess it could be a sleeper with that dirty engine bay but I would bet I'd beat him in a race. 8 second 1/8 mile and 11.8 in the 1/4 doesn't add up. Unless he is spinning and has a high MPH. Otherwise fly the BS flag on this one.

Also anyone else notice the missing EGR and the lack of a delete plate?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Also anyone else notice the missing EGR and the lack of a delete plate?
Yeah i wonder how well thats working for him. Plug it up and it may just happen to run 10.80 in the 1/4 mile... Lol

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
I'm no expert but I think if he were telling the truth it should have been 12.8 in the 1/4 that's doable with that setup but I find it hard to believe 11.8 unless Robert's car was pushing him :rofl:
I am an expert (in that time range) and for him to run 8's in the 1/8th at best he's got a mid 12 second car.

Wonder who he is. Not sure its anyone we've heard of. From the lack of information in regard to tuning etc and the 8 second 1/8th I'm in agreement with the BS on 11.8's. Its high 12 second possible maybe.

Now if by chance he's spraying it yeah its real possible but then again that doesn't account for 8. second 1/8's. Doesn't say anything about 60 fts either.

Too much stuff to speculate there. Obviously there is no blower on the pic & I don't see any nitrous lines particularly.
I found it for you Steve.... it's one of those rarely used smilies in our arsenal. :D

:bs:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm texting the guy now, I'm on barracks duty bored.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
To my knowledge TCI doesn't make a 4r70w 4000 stall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts