TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happened to catch the first min or so of the news tonight after 24. Im not sure if any of you other STLisans caught this but...

Today in St. Charles, a white 89 or so Tbird drove into a ditch. Thats not the important part though. There were 11 people in it at the time! The ocupants range from 14 months to 14 years!! HAHA who was driving and WTH where they doing? I hope Andrey saw this because it was Hilarious watching the newscaster asking the firefighter if the car was a 2 door and watching him try and explain how all the people fit in there. I might watch the news more often now.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Somebody had to be sitting on a lap :D

Joe

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Wow.... That's not too far from me... I'm in O'Fallon (St Charles COunty)...

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
that was probably my cousins or something...were they hispanic?..

lol jus messin but we hispanic acutally sit on buckets...in a van of course..and we call them bucket seats ^_^

-mike

·
Registered
890 Posts
The OLDEST person in the car was 14??

Yeah, I guess I can imagine 11 kids cramming into a car, but what the he11 were they thinking doing stupid stuff like that with a 14 month old in the car?!?!?!?!?

oh yeah, I forgot, sometimes kids don't think..............................................

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They didnt show any of the people so i have no idea what race/ethnicity they were. It was amusing to say the least though. Hey Andrey where are ya?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Anyone born before 1970 will attest to this:

The year is somewhere around 1968.
It's summer time in the city.
Mr Smith (Brown/Stein/Gonzales) has the only working car on the block. He decides to take his two kids to Coney Island (Atlantic City/League Island/Beth Shalom Pool) and his kids invite their frinds. 15 minutes later, here is Mr Smith and eight to ten kids from the age of four to like maybe 12, all sitting inside of his Lincoln/Buick/Studabaker with all the windows down. The inside of the car is quiet as a tomb and no one complains about having to sit on anyone else's lap for the next 30 minutes to an hour. They know that this is a SPECIAL event and the smallest peep could get you ejected or worst, left behind the NEXT time this happens. So 11 people in the car drive 10 to 60 miles at like a maximum of 50 miles per hour and NOBODY IS WEARING SEAT BELTS (let alone those aluminum things the fanatics call CAR SEATS) and the trip both to and from the pool/lake/ocean is completely uneventful ... with the exception of everyone except for the driver, falling asleep on the peaceful ride home.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i had ten people in my 84 saab 900 turbo.

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BAHAHA ive done 7 in a 97 firebird with 2 30s and 4 half gals. The damn firebird has drivetrain issues where something spinning will hit the bottom of the car everyonce in a while when u get on it. It did it when u hit a bump with all that weight.

Most ive ever done in the bird was 6 or 7. Cant rem. if someone was in my trunk.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had 5 in a Mazda B2200 single cab pickup in high school. It was a 5 speed too; I had to call out what gear for them to put me in. We usually had people in the back; but it was raining like hell that day.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
where did the thing with the bird happen? I want to see if they do a write-up of it in a newspaper....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts