TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so we spent the weekend at the track and got some new time slips.

we went to the Rock on sat and Fayetteville on sun. i’ve only been to Fayetteville like 5 times and there was always a healthy headwind, however, on sun the weather was nearly ideal.

as the car currently sits, the setup appears to be or is nearly maxed out... however, porting the blower has possibilities as it would make more power allowing for perhaps a slightly larger pulley producing less heat.

hans

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
All I can say is come and get some! Lol and what's more impressive is it's a stock 98 shortblock

Robert

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Damn boys, ya'll have that blue bird movin'....
JL

·
Registered
664 Posts
Wish I would have made it out there Sunday.

Where are the videos at Robert/Hans?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Johnny, yeah…we were more than pleasantly surprised to say the least... for an outdated blower bolted on a relatively budget N/A setup. hey, there’s something i’ve been searching for, perhaps you could help: for forced induction applications, what is the optimal or target exhaust to intake flow ratio for heads? on a related note, do you happen to know if Jim can open up the exhaust ports on the heads any more?

thank you

Will, Robert has the videos. i wasn’t expecting to go on sunday but then started looking at weather forecasts to see if there would be a headwind and it looked favorable. Figured some more testing wouldn’t hurt.

hans

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
thanks Johnny, yeah…we were more than pleasantly surprised to say the least... for an outdated blower bolted on a relatively budget N/A setup. hey, there’s something i’ve been searching for, perhaps you could help: for forced induction applications, what is the optimal or target exhaust to intake flow ratio for heads? on a related note, do you happen to know if Jim can open up the exhaust ports on the heads any more?

thank you

Will, Robert has the videos. i wasn’t expecting to go on sunday but then started looking at weather forecasts to see if there would be a headwind and it looked favorable. Figured some more testing wouldn’t hurt.

hans
I think you're pretty much at the limit on those heads for exhaust flow.
JL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts