TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My highway milage seems lower than normal. It has since last fall, since right around the time my car also ran its slowest 1/4 times since I put in my gears. So, I just finally put 2 and 2 together and decided taht maybe its the plugs although I haven't checked them yet. They've only been in there for about 20k miles though. What is anyone else experience with the 12C plugs? Are they normally pretty short lived?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Only way to tell is to take them out. Once you read the plug, it will tell you the complete story.

I would be ready to replace them. For some reason 10K comes to mind for coppers.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10k miles was mentioned on md also. I am in the process of getting new plugs. I am kind of relieved that I think I have figured out the performance problem and milage drop, I just don't know why it took me as long as it did to think of it.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i checked the ford serivce manual, couldnt find anything, id replace my plugs in the range of 10-20k, if you wanna be extra good to your engine, every 10k

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'll probably replace them a little more often in the future. Didn't realize that the life span was that short or the performance/mileage drop off as high as it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts