TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, it's been a while, but here we go again...

I have just under 130,000 miles on this thing, and I was wondering what I can do to keep it running. I haven't done much, so I kinda afraid of messing with that formula. any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete:D

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Ah, I see you've finally broken your car in... :D
Honestly, these 4.6's wear like iron. If you didn't when you hit 100k, it's a good time to look over all the rubber vacuum hoses and the PCV valve, replace the fuel filter... stuff like that. 116k+ and still going strong here, on my OEM tranny too. That's not for long though... :evil3:

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Stay on top of the maintenance and repairs, especially if the Check Engine Light comes on (those codes are there for a reason!).

My car's got about twice what your has, and what's kept it going is taking care of what's needed - stay on top of the fluid changes, alignment, brakes, you-name-it, etc.

·
8,239 Posts
just keep all the fluids cool and clean.

Little stuff can go a long way. Flush the power steering rack with some MerconIII. I use the gallons at walmart for 4 bucks. Two gallons is more than enough to flush a very dirty rack.

Keep the transmission fluid spotless and cool (merconV)

Flush the coolant with some prestone and distilled, and keep up on the oil changes.

The car will run forever, you will get sick of it before the motor goes south on these things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts