TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need winter tires for my car, and I came across a set of 215/70R15 Dunlop Graspic winter tires on black steel Windstar rims that are priced a whole lot cheaper than I could buy a set of those tires for.
Plus I really like the idea of having a separate set of rims for the winter tires, even though we don't use salt on roads out here.

My car has the Sport suspension and 16" rims on it now, but I was wondering if the 15" rims would fit without much problem.

I know some models of the 1997 LX came with 15s, but they didn't have the JJJJ suspension and brakes.

I really can't afford to "buy and try" this close to x-mas either.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
You probably have sport brakes so no they wont fit. It is possible that you dont have sport brakes though. Measure your rotor under 11" and they fit over 11" and it's a no go. (unless the wrong rotors are on it)

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Look on the caliper bracket for 16, if it does, then you can't use 15 inch wheels.

Also if the caliper mounts to the bracket with identical hex head bolts, it is the larger brakes, if the pads have the locator wires with coiled ends on top, it is the larger brakes.

It was the 1996 Sports that didn't always get the bigger brakes, I think the 1997 was more consistent with the bigger brakes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that was the info I was looking for.
I do indeed have the larger brakes.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
The 15" rims will fit on the rear, but not on the front (I know this because I have the Mark VIII brakes in the rear on my TBird and it has 15" rims).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts