Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

Mods can delete/close thread.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Free if you can pick them up.

I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet for pickup.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Free if you can pick them up within a few weeks. I need them out of the garage soon.

Bump.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
How wide are they? When I shipped my extra set of early SC wheels, it cost about $50 to ship them UPS.

If they're wider than 7", I'd pay shipping to 55808.
And shipping them is easy. You slap a label on each tire and ship them individually. Don't need boxes, can tape a little cardboard to the wheel surface to protect it. You can also ship them super cheap via greyhound.

If they are wider than my 16x7's, I'd plastidip them. This is how it looked when I did my Mustang's wheels that were in much worse shape.
The chrome was bubbling and falling off.

An hour with a wire wheel on a power drill and some fine grit sand paper smoothed it out, then a few coats of plasti-dip left me with four of these...

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I'd be interested too, if you'll ship them. They're not worth much in scrap, probably worth $0 scrap with tires on them. I'd be willing to give you something for your time of course.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm trying not to ship them cause I don't have the time to take them anywhere to be shipped. I usually work 6 - 12 hour days and it doesn't leave much extra time (plus, all the local shipping businesses are closed by the time I get off work).

I'd be willing to meet someone on my off day if you can get anyone to pick them up for you though.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'm trying not to ship them cause I don't have the time to take them anywhere to be shipped. I usually work 6 - 12 hour days and it doesn't leave much extra time (plus, all the local shipping businesses are closed by the time I get off work).

I'd be willing to meet someone on my off day if you can get anyone to pick them up for you though.
I understand, but I'm way too far away to reasonably drive for free wheels. I'd be very happy to pay shipping, and I'm in no hurry. I generally do my shipping from work, not sure if your work would let you do that or not, but again, Greyhound is cheap and easy to ship with too.

If you decide to scrap them, it won't hurt my feelings, I just don't know anyone reasonably close to grab them.

Also, how wide are the wheels themselves?

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand, but I'm way too far away to reasonably drive for free wheels. I'd be very happy to pay shipping, and I'm in no hurry. I generally do my shipping from work, not sure if your work would let you do that or not, but again, Greyhound is cheap and easy to ship with too.

If you decide to scrap them, it won't hurt my feelings, I just don't know anyone reasonably close to grab them.

Also, how wide are the wheels themselves?
Looks like they are 7" wide.

Right now I'm not looking to ship them but if something changes where I can ship them out I will let you know. Only reason for getting rid of them is I lose the use of that garage toward the end of this month. :(:(

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Looks like they are 7" wide.

Right now I'm not looking to ship them but if something changes where I can ship them out I will let you know. Only reason for getting rid of them is I lose the use of that garage toward the end of this month. :(:(
Well, if they're only 16x7 I am not interested. I want something wider than my stock 16x7 sports.

Thanks though.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BlackCat94 & jgriff1231, you both have PM's.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, if they're only 16x7 I am not interested. I want something wider than my stock 16x7 sports.

Thanks though.
You're welcome.

Thanks for the interest!

·
Registered
484 Posts
If no one wants to pay shipping I'd come get these. It would a have to be on a Saturday afternoon.

Used to drive truck OTR. Correct me if I'm wrong but Point Pleasants just over the OH WV line on US35? Or US23?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
You're welcome to do that 97CatMan, as far as I'm concerned. And yes, Point Pleasant is just across the border.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Replied to PM's and sent you a PM 97CatMan.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Replied to PM's and sent you a PM 97CatMan.
Just to note. I don't NEED another set of rims per say. These would be going on my parts car so I could save the 30th anniversary double spokes and refinish them. If there's some one else that actually needs a set of rims and wants to pay the shipping I'm fine with that. I'll admit that a part of my interest is just to run down 35 again and see what's changed in Point Pleasant. There are times when I miss some of the places I used to get through often.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ryan I just wanted to say thank you for the rims and the locking lugs were a unexpected bonus. And it was a pleasure to meet you. Well worth the trip to save these from the dumpster.

Scott

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ryan I just wanted to say thank you for the rims and the locking lugs were a unexpected bonus. And it was a pleasure to meet you. Well worth the trip to save these from the dumpster.

Scott
Glad you made it and had a safe trip in picking up the wheels.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wheels were picked up yesterday evening.

Mods can delete/close thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.