TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do these work with lets say a 97 4.6 thunderbird?

are they worth a crap?

they are supposed to fit a 96 mustang

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T70-T3-V-BAND-TURBOCHARGER-3-0-6-0-ENGINE-TURBO-UPGRADE-/150653355533?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMustang|Year%3A1996&hash=item2313a3c60d

·
Super Moderator
9,310 Posts
You can make pretty much any small turbocharger work on an MN12, with time and money.

Know however that ANY turbocharger you go with will require extensive custom plumbing for exhaust, intake, etc. etc. From what I've read here, you should worry more about the fabrication and all the required "bits-n-pieces" of the plumbing than the turbo itself.

There have been a few successful retrofits, which have been cataloged here in the Turbocharging subforum; however look and see how much trouble it is, how long it takes, what is involved, etc. before you start getting in too deep. At the bottom of the turbo forum, set the "display options" to show you all threads from the beginning and take a look at who has been successful and who hasn't quite made it. There are at least two builds going on currently that have been in such a state for some time now (ironworker and tx_cat).

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
do these work with lets say a 97 4.6 thunderbird?

are they worth a crap?

they are supposed to fit a 96 mustang

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T70-T3-V-BAND-TURBOCHARGER-3-0-6-0-ENGINE-TURBO-UPGRADE-/150653355533?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMustang|Year%3A1996&hash=item2313a3c60d
It's cheap made in China junk.

The cheapest turbos that aren't junk are made in Brazil by Master Power. A T-70 with a T04 flange is a good size for a 4.6. If you want a real good turbo, use Garrett, Prescision, Borg Warner, Bullseye, Turbonetics or one of the other brand names.

David

·
Registered
407 Posts
find the smallest turbos you can and do a quad set up :D with 2.5psi to each trubo ;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
lolzzzz if you run a cheap turbo make sure you use a good intercooler to cach the parts if it goes south i know a few guys that have the ebay turbo and use it for mock-up and i know a few that ran them on there drag only cars i wouldnt use one on the street

1 - 6 of 6 Posts