TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting these 16x7.5" Borbet wheels on for the winter, and I'm getting tires today. My '94 LX is lower 1.5" so I don't have near as much tire well to fill, so I was thinking something like 245/55 or 245/50.

Any suggestions?? The roads here SUCK so I don't want to lose too much sidewall.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Um... I can't stand the stockers, and these 16x7.5's are cheap. Any size suggestions for the new tires?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
For the winter?

You actually want a taller skinny tire for winter driving, so 215/60/16 fronts, and 225/60/16, or 235/60/16 max on the rears would be my choice, your location , maybe 70, or 75 aspect ratio for far north, like, say 'Minnesnota', and thank the Lord I moved to Fl. LOL

·
Registered
366 Posts
if you get alot of snow there go with a skinny tall tire cus you will get better control in the snow..

on my bird, when it was running, i had 225s in the summer and 215s in the winter

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your opinions.

I'm looking to go with 235's because the car won't leave the driveway if there is any snow on the streets, I have a pickup for those days.

I just want to be sure that 235/55 16 won't cause an issue with clearance, front or back.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GreenBird said:
then why bother getting different tires?

Why get different tires? I said in my first post that these Borbet wheels are for the winter, and they're 16" so the tires on the stock rims won't fit.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
235-55-16 fits very nicely, and are only about 1/2" smaller than the stock diameter tires ... so you don't end up with a big gap between the tire and fender openings ...

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts