TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so...i have a "?" for the near future:

right now I have 16" oem sport rims, and would like to get 17" or 18" cobra style wheels that would fit Tbird DIRECTLY (same lug pattern, and everything else).
Where do you get those wheels?
I only want them in "matte" finish, and NOT GLOSSY/polished/chrome look.

I'm NOT planning to lower the car. in that case which is better 17" or 18"? or does it not matter?
also: I plan to run at least a 245 size tire with whatever wheels i get. is that a good size?
what's the max sidewall size (right now it's 60) of tires that can be had with 17" and 18" wheels withOUT rubbing? (I want the fender/tire gap to be as small as possible)

If not Cobra, what are some other straight 5-spoke rims that can be gotten with the same lug spacing?

If you guys can answer some of those "?"s, I would be very thankful.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
8,170 Posts
Have you checked with Brad - Cudaz101? He has the Custom Wheel Shop banner at the top of the page.

Joe

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG. I'm blind..I haven't been in the forums for a looong time, I totally missed it.
Thanks, Joe.

·
Super Moderator
12,415 Posts
I just bought a set from Brad and am very pleased with the service.

He has some of them listed in threads on the site.

The one's I got are listed HERE

Some other choices HERE

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will definitely contact Brad when I'm ready to do this...
I hope he has some non-chrome ones...most of the Tbird wheels seem to be in chrome finish.
I guess I'm one of the few who prefers a non-shiny/non-chrome finish :)

·
Registered
844 Posts
I can testify that those gunmetal cobra R wheels look awesome. I don't know for sure if Brad has the cobra R in silver, I got the Saleen Speedstar in silver, and they look great. Look in the vid/img forum for my thread for some pics

·
Registered
799 Posts
what r ya gonna do with ur old rims?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chris...I don't know yet. This wheel upgrade won't happen in the very near future...but it's definitely gonna happen in an year or two...i may have started my research a bit early, but that's the way I usually am.:)

·
Registered
799 Posts
hey thats cool man, i wanna swap rims too but dont know when i'm gonna do it. hey do u have any pics of your rims?

·
Registered
799 Posts
those are cool., i've been wantin some for my bird. hey when u do get ur new rims i want ur old ones.!

·
Registered
799 Posts
cool thanks man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts