TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
17" Front Runner Wheels & Tires [Shoot Out]

I've decided to sell my front drag wheel setup; It consists of two 17" aluminum Lincoln LS wheels and M&H RaceMaster Tires. They have been stored horizontally in my basement for the past few years, and I just don't see myself using them anytime in the near future; I've made maybe 20-25 passes with them? Great setup for those wanting to save weight and rolling resistance as they only weigh 26 lbs. each with a contact area of 4.25". These will clear 13" Cobra brakes; stock 5x4.25" bolt pattern; You will need to get LS specific lug nuts. Mounted and balanced and ready to be used. I'm located just south of Kansas City, or I can ship at your expense. I will likely be traveling to Lincoln, St. Louis, and Joplin over the next month and could bring them with me.

Asking $500 for the pair or trade/partial trade for front and rear ADDCO 1.25" sway bars or new Koni front shock inserts (8641-1209SPORT)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm thinking I just want to sell the tires and keep the wheels... looking for $300 shipped for just the tires.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ttt

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great question;

The date code shows the 20th week of 2008 (how time flys! :S) I will add that they have been stored in my basement, out of sunlight and in a consistent temperature. I don't see any cracking, dry rot, or other conditions that would cause me concern.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
So they would have three more years of usefulness, on the conservative side.

A little hard to see in the photo - are these 26" tall?

I like the M&H tires; I've been using a set of them on 16" aluminum spare wheels when I take my car to the dragstrip.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, they are a 26" tire; Official size is 4.5x26xR17

I really can't speak to years of service remaining; that would depend on a lot of factors, and I'm certainly no expert. I don't see any issues with their current condition, so I don't see why they wouldn't provide lots of service yet.

I've had them up to 120mph and never notice any shake or issues while running them on my Mark VIII; The certainly seem to be a high quality tire.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
No question about the M&H products being high quality tires. And you have clearly taken good care of them.

I'm not a tire expert either, but I work at Ford and was here during the whole Explorer / Firestone fiasco. Some of the lessons learned from that experience were that 6 years is the longest you should run tires on a daily driver, and 10 years is the longest you should use any tires, no matter how good they look. I'm probably going to replace the Nitto NT555s on my '97 this year, even though they have lots of tread life left, because they will be turning 10. Don't know if you have any interaction with Discount Tire stores, but they will not touch a 10 year old tire, even if they sold it to you.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That seems like sound logic. BTW, feel free to make me an offer ;)

Thomas

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
At this point I'm really only interested in the 17" aluminum spare wheels. I can offer $200 for the pair.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll give it some thought... I'd rather keep them together.

Thomas

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PRICE REDUCED:

Asking $300 for the pair or trade for front and rear ADDCO 1.25" sway bars or new Koni front shock inserts (8641-1209SPORT)

Ready for these to go to a new home... I might be able to talk one of the KC guys in transporting them to SC Shootout to save shipping costs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts