TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I need to find a cheap aftermarket 17" wheel. But, it must be no wider than 4" so that it will fit in the spare wheel well, any ideas?

PS. I have 13" baer brakes I have to work around here.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The 17 x 5" aluminum mini-spare from the Lincoln LS and new gen. T-Birds will fit over Cobra brakes, and is still 5 on 4.25" pattern. Tire on these is a T185-60R17 temp. spare by Maxxis Tires (or Firestone on the 01 cars).

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
fast Ed N said:
The 17 x 5" aluminum mini-spare from the Lincoln LS and new gen. T-Birds will fit over Cobra brakes, and is still 5 on 4.25" pattern. Tire on these is a T185-60R17 temp. spare by Maxxis Tires (or Firestone on the 01 cars).
cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO
Ed,

My car is still up in Atlanta, so I haven't had the chance to try the LS over the Cobra brakes.. did you determine that they would work without the 1/8" spacer?? Are the new T-bird spare wheels identical??? I got a buddy with a new bird, I maybe can give the spare a try, but not 'til the '96 back home... maybe another month or so... I may just have Dan ship a wheel to my buddy in Atlanta and have him see if it fits without the spacer....

By the way for those interested Dan Newman can get you the LS spare, here's the info:

Here is your cost on the spare:

Part# ------- ------ Description ------ Retail ------ TCCoA Cost
1W4Z-1007-BA ---- Wheel -------- $238.95 ------$169.95

(plus UPS)

(plus UPS)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Sorry, I don't have anyone in the area here with Cobra brakes and 4.25" pattern to make a proper test fit with. From what I recall, the new Birds had the same number for the mini-spare wheel, I would have to confirm that at work on Monday. I come up with the same number for the LS that you posted from Dan N.

Try eBay as well, there was a guy on there a few weeks ago selling some temp. spare assys. for Fords at a good price, believe his user name was something like "wheelman".

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my New 17" T-bird spare for 75.00 to my door....not bad ehhh.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
CobraRThunder said:
I got my New 17" T-bird spare for 75.00 to my door....not bad ehhh.
That's a great deal. Was that a once only 'buddy' deal, or is it normally available to the public??? Sounds like it is below what they cost Dan to buy... That is weird if they are a Ford product...

Anyway, let us know how they fit please... I heard about this possible option several weeks ago, and intended to try it, but like I said my car is in Atlanta.. and Scott has his hands full with it and I didn't want him to have to do one more thing....

I have skinnies in mind, also so $75 a piece for two would certainly be better that $170.. actually for that price I'd get three - two for the skinnies and one for a space-saver spare.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it off ebay...check it out guys. Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts