TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one tried saleen wheels on there bird the 10 inch wide one if so any pics and if so would u need some spacers

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I don't think you will have much luck with 10 inch wide wheels on the front. I have 9 inch wide wheels and that seems to be the limit (some would say over the limit, that puts them even with the wheel lip with about 3mm gap at the knuckle).

If you don't mind the wheels and tires sticking out of the fenders, then it might be possible.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my concern was just putting them on the rear cause i want to run like a 315 / 35 /18 on the rear or in a 17 i would like a fairly wide tire on the rear

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Well, I assume you are looking at the aftermarket replica 17x10 18x10s for the up to 04 Mustangs? Probably not enough backspacing and a spacer would make it worse, not better. Get the specs of the wheels, mainly the backspacing, and that is a wide tire, I haven't looked at the back for clearances since I have narrow tires and mainly worried about the front.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
well my concern was just putting them on the rear cause i want to run like a 315 / 35 /18 on the rear or in a 17 i would like a fairly wide tire on the rear
Ok, seriously what the hell do you need that big of a tire for? Rims aside, you probly wont even be able to tuck that under the fender. Get a 275/285 - 40-18 and call it a day. You could even fit those on a 9" rim. Trust me I have played this 10" wide rear game and all it will do is end up frustrating you and/or spending a lot of money. If you want a 10" wide, talk to Cudaz101 for some of his billet options. Other than that, it's a guess and check game.

-Joel

·
Registered
987 Posts
Here is one of my customers Cars with 18X9 SpeedStars.

255-40-18 Fronts "I would recomend 245-45-18"
275-40-18 Rears

Here is a pic of one of my own cars with the Speedstars. Tires are 245-45-18 front & rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts