TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 6 spoke fan blade 17x8s done up in black to look like 93 Cobra R wheels. Does anyone know if this size with a 245/50/17 tire will fit on a mark viii without spindle interference/brake interference with a set of 13 inch pbr calipers?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Have you or are yo ding a hub swap? The Mark VIII's use a 5x4.25 bolt pattern as opposed to the Mustang's 5x4.5

If you have or will be doing a hub swap the 245/50/17 should be fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just finished ordering all my parts, and im starting to get scared, the backspacing on my tri-blades is 6 inches on a 17x8 stock wheel, and I was just reading about a guy that had 6.1 inch backspacing and is having spindle clearance issues. I did a search, and haven't found anything conclusive. Can anyone confirm or deny that these wheels will fit my car without problems? im planning 245/50/17s up front and 255/50/17s in the rear

·
Registered
59 Posts
i just finished ordering all my parts, and im starting to get scared, the backspacing on my tri-blades is 6 inches on a 17x8 stock wheel, and I was just reading about a guy that had 6.1 inch backspacing and is having spindle clearance issues. I did a search, and haven't found anything conclusive. Can anyone confirm or deny that these wheels will fit my car without problems? im planning 245/50/17s up front and 255/50/17s in the rear
I assume you are talking about my post regarding my problems with the 16 inch rims? The offset was +43 with 6.1 backspacing. This is what I learned thru this ordeal, the larger the rim, the less effect the offset has on the suspention. I have a front end problem, that I am working thru ( alignment & ?) If I can help here I surely will. Mount up the front tires on the rims and see if you can borrow someones bird with the correct bolt pattern to do a test fit. I will find some pics and post this weekend, JPT.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've got 17x9 cobra wheels on my car with 4mm milled off of the mounting surface to increase the backspacing. If I do my math right, I do believe that the wheels on my car have a 6.3" backspace after the 4mm was removed. They have 6.12 backspacing stock which is about a 28mm offset. After being machined this would bring it to a 32mm offset for a 17x9 wheel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What did it cost to have the 4 mm milled off your rims? I may be doing the same to my 20 inch Foose rims or the Hubs, JPT.

I've got 17x9 cobra wheels on my car with 4mm milled off of the mounting surface to increase the backspacing. If I do my math right, I do believe that the wheels on my car have a 6.3" backspace after the 4mm was removed. They have 6.12 backspacing stock which is about a 28mm offset. After being machined this would bring it to a 32mm offset for a 17x9 wheel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
One of the previous owners had it done. I think he said he paid $100 a wheel to do it, but he got ripped off royally. I would say that if you took your wheels to a good machine shop, they could probably mill it off for $20 or $30 a wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts