TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have the oportunity to buy the eagle 077's in 17x8 but i wanted to make sure they would fit first. i dont know the specs of these rims. http://www.eaglewheels.com/ says they come in 3 different patterns. 5 on 4.5, 5 on 115mm, and 5 on 4.75 are the different patterns they have listed all of which have a +38mm offset which of these would be most trouble free one to choose.

these rims that i am talking about are currently on a 98 or 99 eclipse. just thought id throw that out there too just incase that would help better someones call as to what is the pattern of the wheels that he has on the eclipse and whether or not his rims will fit my stock bird.

edit: i forgot to mention that i plan on lowering the bird also. how low can i lower it with 17x8's and not have any problems?

·
Registered
156 Posts
THe bolt pattern on our cars is 5 x 4.25 (108mm).

You could use them if you'd do a conversion to the Mustang bolt pattern (5 x 4.5).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am looking for cobras or something similar to cobras that is 17-18" and pretty cheap. if you could name a few that would fit perfect id appreciate it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
There are Cobra replicas made in our bolt pattern. The largest diameter they come in is 17". I'm not the expert on them though.

Try the :search: button. There are a lot of people that have them, with pics posted in this forum.

Some of the places to buy them off the top of my head: CustomWheelsMarket.com, Super Coupe Performance. I'm sure there is more. You'd have to search this forum and ask those that have bought them. Also check the For Sale forum.

·
Registered
156 Posts
MrBiggz586 said:
edit: i forgot to mention that i plan on lowering the bird also. how low can i lower it with 17x8's and not have any problems?
17x8's shouldn't be a problem. Some people here have 17x9's without any problem, while some have a little rubbing. You just have to be lucky it seems.

The major consensus is you can go as wide as 255 on tires, but 245 would be a "more likely to work" choice.

Most of the rubbing I've read about occurs between the 9" wide wheel and the front upper control arm, and between the tire and the rear wheel well lip. The lip can be cut and bent up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep its late but i did manage to find the cobras i want. now i am trying to find the best wheel and tire package. the best i found was $990 plus $30 shipping each. this is the auction i was looking at.cobras on ebay is there any place that would offer a cheaper price? im not so interested in the tires...i just want to get them together just to have tires for the wheels so there is no wait on putting them on.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
one word of advice on eagle alloys, if they are just polished, stay away from them, i have had them on my truck for 2 years and look like absolute crap. they are pitted and dull. and i cant keep them clean for nothing. i clean weekly too ! worst set of wheels i have ever bought.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good call. i think ill just stay away from this kids wheels then because i think the weather abused them a little bit.

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
If you want 17x9 cobras there is a company on ebay that sells them for our cars. I bought the silver painted ones for my car. Decent wheels but the offset is a little off. I needed a 3mm spacer but for $1080 shipped with Kuhmo H rated 245/45/r17 tires on there you can't beat that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts