TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i instaled my cobra r's and the rims in front rub like a mother F*&^%$
Cant eaven drive !!!!!
so i put in 5/16 spacers didn't have smaller, but not happy how they stick out now.....

its rubing on the top (12 o'clock ) its touching the suspension or strud support whatever the thing is.......NOT Good........

its touching in one place the rim edge the very inside of the rim,

Now comes the part where you guys will need to help me
I think that if i grind about 2-3 mm of in that one place i'll be ok. that thing is about 1 inch thick or so. so removing aproximatly less than 1/8 of an inch from in one place will not cause it to fail its made out of cast iron i think

Now those that have the wisdom please help me........

thanx, Andrzej K. MASS

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Where did you ge these from? because many people have 17x9 cobra R's and they only rub when backing up with the wheel turn all the way.

I think you might need abit of suspension repair. In the mean time you can grind off abit of the joint.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
my 17x9's are fine. the only issue is when turned all the way when backing up, or **severe** turning in forward gears. ive only once had them rub while moving forward, and that was while attempting a rather aggressive manuever on a freeway on-ramp.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
same here, I MADE the mistake of getting the Lip type wheel wieght, I brought them back and had them rebalanced with the "stick on" weights that go on the flat part of the rims. They STILL rub slightly while backing up and turning sharply and I grinded some material off those arms to fix that problem. works great.

·
Registered
801 Posts
no rubbin gon mines either.

i have the 17x9's from performance wheel outlet, and i did the mistake of getting the lip side wheel weights also (will change this as soon as i get new front tires) and they only rub when i turn my wheel all the way, to whatever side.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does any one know were i can buy 3mm wheel spacers ?

i need them bad, i hate the way the rims look with the 5/16 spacer plus not so safe i think....

thanx

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Re: I got them from Detroit Wheels n/m

AndzeloPL said:
I got them from Detriot Wheels...
I'd call them and ask them what the offset is for your wheels. It should be close to 39mm, I think they might have 24mm (stang) offset causing your bad rubbing.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Re: Re: I got them from Detroit Wheels n/m

GreenBird said:

I'd call them and ask them what the offset is for your wheels. It should be close to 39mm, I think they might have 24mm (stang) offset causing your bad rubbing.
Less offset = less backspacing = less chance to rub, not more

John

·
Registered
140 Posts
Detroit Wheels

I got mine from Detroit wheels they worked great no problems exept they took a month for me to get them. what size tire you got. i got 245/45/17 and mine dont rub at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts