TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, thinking of replacing my current 18x8.5 35mm offset wheels with 18x8 40mm offset wheels. ( I like the look of these new ones better than what I've got). Do you guys think they are going to look too sunken in to what I've got now? I hate the look when the wheels are tucked way in. Thinking of maybe running a spacer to make up the difference but I've never liked the idea of running a wheel spacer. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Guys, thinking of replacing my current 18x8.5 35mm offset wheels with 18x8 40mm offset wheels. ( I like the look of these new ones better than what I've got). Do you guys think they are going to look too sunken in to what I've got now? I hate the look when the wheels are tucked way in. Thinking of maybe running a spacer to make up the difference but I've never liked the idea of running a wheel spacer. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
This is a great website for tire calculations.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

According to this, if you go with a 245/45/18 tire, which is the same outside diameter as a stock 225/60/16, your new setup will stick out .4" more than previous, and will also extend inward .4" (because the wheel is one inch wider than the outgoing wheel) The tire is also .7" wider, so you'll have about .35" more width on either side.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
KMC Wheels KM775 Rockstar Car Matte Black Wheel (18x8"/5x108, 114.3mm, +42mm offset) These are my wheels. Mounted Nitto G2 255's. Had slight clearance problem with fronts, but 10 minutes with a dremel and medium stone solved it. No spacers required.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
If you can get a 35 or 36mm offset, the wheel will move away from the middle of the car, but not too far to rub on anything. The larger the number, the closer to the suspension it gets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts